Nursery receives glowing report
A NURSERY has been praised in an Ofsted report for its high quality childcare. Westmill Nursery was outstanding in all areas, including helping children to be healthy, and in its organisation. Owner and supervisor Lorraine Pike said: I wasn t expecting i
A NURSERY has been praised in an Ofsted report for its high quality childcare.
Westmill Nursery was outstanding in all areas, including helping children to be healthy, and in its organisation.
Owner and supervisor Lorraine Pike said: "I wasn't expecting it. I have been running the pre-school only since September, and this was my first inspection.
"We are incredibly proud of this achievement. Only one in 50 are given these fantastic grades, making us one of the top 2 per cent in the country!
You may also want to watch:
"We work really well together and offer the children stimulating activities and something a bit different.
"Having variety and planning in place is key to our success.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 10 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
"Parents know their children are safe and are guided through the first steps of their education by staff with experience and enthusiasm."
Lorraine says she hopes to build on the nursery's success.
She said: "We have started small and numbers are increasing, but we don't want to get too big because I believe you need to focus on the children and to build relationships with them.
"If the pre-school got too big we wouldn't be able to do that."
Ofsted inspector Paula Durrant stated: "An exceptionally, dynamic, dedicated, enthusiastic and intuitive staff team ensure that children benefit and enjoy their time.
"Staff are exceptionally skilled and competent in their childcare practice.
"Children thrive in this inspirational setting where significant emphasis is given to teaching children through purposeful play opportunities".
For more information about the nursery visit www.westmillnursery.co.uk or call Lorraine on 01763 273005.