Nursery receives glowing report
A NURSERY has been praised in an Ofsted report for its high quality childcare. Westmill Nursery was outstanding in all areas, including helping children to be healthy, and in its organisation. Owner and supervisor Lorraine Pike said: I wasn t expecting i
A NURSERY has been praised in an Ofsted report for its high quality childcare.
Westmill Nursery was outstanding in all areas, including helping children to be healthy, and in its organisation.
Owner and supervisor Lorraine Pike said: "I wasn't expecting it. I have been running the pre-school only since September, and this was my first inspection.
"We are incredibly proud of this achievement. Only one in 50 are given these fantastic grades, making us one of the top 2 per cent in the country!
You may also want to watch:
"We work really well together and offer the children stimulating activities and something a bit different.
"Having variety and planning in place is key to our success.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
"Parents know their children are safe and are guided through the first steps of their education by staff with experience and enthusiasm."
Lorraine says she hopes to build on the nursery's success.
She said: "We have started small and numbers are increasing, but we don't want to get too big because I believe you need to focus on the children and to build relationships with them.
"If the pre-school got too big we wouldn't be able to do that."
Ofsted inspector Paula Durrant stated: "An exceptionally, dynamic, dedicated, enthusiastic and intuitive staff team ensure that children benefit and enjoy their time.
"Staff are exceptionally skilled and competent in their childcare practice.
"Children thrive in this inspirational setting where significant emphasis is given to teaching children through purposeful play opportunities".
For more information about the nursery visit www.westmillnursery.co.uk or call Lorraine on 01763 273005.