Nursery plan is blocked
A report has recommended that a bid to set up a new nursery daycare centre should be rejected. The report to North Herts District Council s Royston area committee last night (Wednesday) said the application to set up the scheme at The Maltings, in Green D
A report has recommended that a bid to set up a new nursery daycare centre should be rejected.
The report to North Herts District Council's Royston area committee last night (Wednesday) said the application to set up the scheme at The Maltings, in Green Drift, Royston could not be approved.
One reason was because it would create an "unacceptable level" of vehicle activity on the site.
It is the second application that Sunhill Daycare has submitted to convert an industrial unit into a nursery.
You may also want to watch:
The nursery said it needed the premises after its business closed in Market Hill, Royston, when the lease ran out.
Hertfordshire Highways said in the report that such a development would lead to "danger and inconvenience" of other users of the area.
- 1 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 4 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Missing teen found safe and well
- 7 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 8 Amateur drama society takes online show to Welwyn Festival
- 9 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 10 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
And Royston Town Council had said it could not support the scheme as it would have a "considerable impact" on traffic problems in the area.
The report added that although there had been amendments to the original scheme the objections to the previous proposal had not been overcome.