Nurse Dockha goes on the run for Cancer Research
A NURSE from Royston is challenging people to take time out of their busy lives to join her on a charity run. Dockha Davidson, 39, joined a host of other professionals to launch Cancer Research UK s Run 10k, which takes place in Cambridge on October 18. L
A NURSE from Royston is challenging people to take time out of their busy lives to join her on a charity run.
Dockha Davidson, 39, joined a host of other professionals to launch Cancer Research UK's Run 10k, which takes place in Cambridge on October 18.
Lucy Hynes, Cancer Research UK's Cambridgeshire Event Manager, said: "We are encouraging men and women of all running abilities to sign up to Run 10k. Although the distance might sound like a challenge lots of people find that they can achieve it with sensible training.
"Everyone has a different reason for entering Run 10k. Many are new to running and are trying to get fit, some take part to beat their personal best time, others use the event as a focus while coping with cancer treatment or coming to terms with the loss a lost loved one. Whatever the reason, everyone crosses the finish line with a huge sense of achievement knowing how far they have gone to help beat cancer."
You may also want to watch:
To enter the run, and find specially designed training information, visit the event's website, www.run10k.org
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 4 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 5 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 9 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 10 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services