Nurse Dockha goes on the run for Cancer Research
A NURSE from Royston is challenging people to take time out of their busy lives to join her on a charity run. Dockha Davidson, 39, joined a host of other professionals to launch Cancer Research UK s Run 10k, which takes place in Cambridge on October 18. L
A NURSE from Royston is challenging people to take time out of their busy lives to join her on a charity run.
Dockha Davidson, 39, joined a host of other professionals to launch Cancer Research UK's Run 10k, which takes place in Cambridge on October 18.
Lucy Hynes, Cancer Research UK's Cambridgeshire Event Manager, said: "We are encouraging men and women of all running abilities to sign up to Run 10k. Although the distance might sound like a challenge lots of people find that they can achieve it with sensible training.
"Everyone has a different reason for entering Run 10k. Many are new to running and are trying to get fit, some take part to beat their personal best time, others use the event as a focus while coping with cancer treatment or coming to terms with the loss a lost loved one. Whatever the reason, everyone crosses the finish line with a huge sense of achievement knowing how far they have gone to help beat cancer."
You may also want to watch:
To enter the run, and find specially designed training information, visit the event's website, www.run10k.org
- 1 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 4 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 5 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 6 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 9 Mass vaccination centre in town 'first' to open next week
- 10 Campaigners write to MPs opposing trade deal which is of 'great concern to local people'