Nurse Dockha goes on the run for Cancer Research
A NURSE from Royston is challenging people to take time out of their busy lives to join her on a charity run. Dockha Davidson, 39, joined a host of other professionals to launch Cancer Research UK s Run 10k, which takes place in Cambridge on October 18. L
A NURSE from Royston is challenging people to take time out of their busy lives to join her on a charity run.
Dockha Davidson, 39, joined a host of other professionals to launch Cancer Research UK's Run 10k, which takes place in Cambridge on October 18.
Lucy Hynes, Cancer Research UK's Cambridgeshire Event Manager, said: "We are encouraging men and women of all running abilities to sign up to Run 10k. Although the distance might sound like a challenge lots of people find that they can achieve it with sensible training.
"Everyone has a different reason for entering Run 10k. Many are new to running and are trying to get fit, some take part to beat their personal best time, others use the event as a focus while coping with cancer treatment or coming to terms with the loss a lost loved one. Whatever the reason, everyone crosses the finish line with a huge sense of achievement knowing how far they have gone to help beat cancer."
You may also want to watch:
To enter the run, and find specially designed training information, visit the event's website, www.run10k.org
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 4 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 5 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 6 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 7 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 8 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued