Number of Christmas time drink drivers down in Hertfordshire
THE number of people caught driving under the influence in Hertfordshire over the Christmas period was down on the previous year. Figures released today (Thursday) reveal that in the county between December 1 and January 1 a total of 113 people – 10 per c
THE number of people caught driving under the influence in Hertfordshire over the Christmas period was down on the previous year.
Figures released today (Thursday) reveal that in the county between December 1 and January 1 a total of 113 people - 10 per cent of those stopped - were arrested for drink driving and four on suspicion of driving having taken drugs.
Twelve months before, 167 people were arrested for drink driving and six for drug driving.
"It's encouraging that we've seen fewer people putting themselves and others at risk by drinking or taking drugs before driving over Christmas," said Chief Insp Donna Pierce from the Herts Police road policing strategic unit.
You may also want to watch:
"However, there are still a small number of people who continue to flout the law, and my message to them is, our work to combat this dangerous crime doesn't stop now the festivities are over.
- 1 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 2 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 3 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 4 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 7 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 8 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Stunning snap causes stir online