Number of Christmas time drink drivers down in Hertfordshire
THE number of people caught driving under the influence in Hertfordshire over the Christmas period was down on the previous year. Figures released today (Thursday) reveal that in the county between December 1 and January 1 a total of 113 people – 10 per c
THE number of people caught driving under the influence in Hertfordshire over the Christmas period was down on the previous year.
Figures released today (Thursday) reveal that in the county between December 1 and January 1 a total of 113 people - 10 per cent of those stopped - were arrested for drink driving and four on suspicion of driving having taken drugs.
Twelve months before, 167 people were arrested for drink driving and six for drug driving.
"It's encouraging that we've seen fewer people putting themselves and others at risk by drinking or taking drugs before driving over Christmas," said Chief Insp Donna Pierce from the Herts Police road policing strategic unit.
You may also want to watch:
"However, there are still a small number of people who continue to flout the law, and my message to them is, our work to combat this dangerous crime doesn't stop now the festivities are over.
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 5 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 6 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 7 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 8 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 9 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone