NRAG event fast approaching
THE North Royston Action Group (NRAG) is gearing up for its community event next week, and is asking for any proud Roystonians to help out.
The event, which is hoping to become annual, takes place on October 23 between 2pm and 5pm, and organisers from the group are asking for volunteers to come forward and show their support.
Help is needed to set up, supply cakes, co-ordinate refreshment makers, sell raffle tickets and dress as a teddy bear to entertain children.
Organiser Jayne Bratton said: “If you could help out with any of these things, or even leaflet dropping into houses from next week then we would be so grateful. All you would need to do is let us know what streets you would like to cover.
“North Hertfordshire District Council has awarded us a grant for around �500 for the event which we are very grateful for.”
You may also want to watch:
Coombes Community Centre will host the event, with Royston Mayor Cllr Martin Beaver opening it. A variety of local groups, organisations, attractions and stalls will be in attendance to offer information and entertainment.
Meanwhile, North Royston Action Group is about to celebrate its first birthday in November, and is in the process of organising a celebratory event at The Bayners Hotel, Royston.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 5 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 8 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences
- 9 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 10 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown