NRAG event fast approaching
THE North Royston Action Group (NRAG) is gearing up for its community event next week, and is asking for any proud Roystonians to help out.
The event, which is hoping to become annual, takes place on October 23 between 2pm and 5pm, and organisers from the group are asking for volunteers to come forward and show their support.
Help is needed to set up, supply cakes, co-ordinate refreshment makers, sell raffle tickets and dress as a teddy bear to entertain children.
Organiser Jayne Bratton said: “If you could help out with any of these things, or even leaflet dropping into houses from next week then we would be so grateful. All you would need to do is let us know what streets you would like to cover.
“North Hertfordshire District Council has awarded us a grant for around �500 for the event which we are very grateful for.”
You may also want to watch:
Coombes Community Centre will host the event, with Royston Mayor Cllr Martin Beaver opening it. A variety of local groups, organisations, attractions and stalls will be in attendance to offer information and entertainment.
Meanwhile, North Royston Action Group is about to celebrate its first birthday in November, and is in the process of organising a celebratory event at The Bayners Hotel, Royston.
- 1 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 2 No business like shire business for Cambridge college
- 3 New boxing and Muay Thai classes aim to help boost post-lockdown mood
- 4 5 Great Cambridgeshire places to find a Great British pie
- 5 Make Lunch Royston: Drop-ins back at vital summer holidays support scheme
- 6 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 7 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 8 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 9 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 10 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition