North Hertfordshire District Council to axe over 20 jobs
JOBS are to be axed at North Herts District Council (NHDC) as it tries to save money. NHDC say 21.5 full time jobs will go saving the council an estimated �760,000 a year. But there will be growth in some job areas with ten new posts being created costing
JOBS are to be axed at North Herts District Council (NHDC) as it tries to save money.
NHDC say 21.5 full time jobs will go saving the council an estimated �760,000 a year. But there will be growth in some job areas with ten new posts being created costing the council �328,000.
The council says it is currently discussing the proposals with staff who have until January 14 to comment.
"We will be moving into formal consultation with the trades unions through the Staff Consultation Forum early in the New Year and implementation of the final scheme will be in accordance with the council's reorganisation policy," said a council statement.
"The restructuring has been a very challenging exercise but will achieve the target of �400,000 savings with the minimum affect on front line services.
"We have a well laid down procedure of consultation which means that all staff have the chance to have they say, and we have fair, defined procedures for fitting displaced staff into vacant posts wherever we can."
- 1 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 2 School to make 'wide-ranging changes' following Ofsted inspection
- 3 Chancellor and health secretary dramatically quit
- 4 North East Herts MP declares 'loss of confidence' in PM
- 5 Health at the Hub project launched in Melbourn
- 6 Fowlmere residents voice objections to housing development
- 7 Tesco Community Garden to hold weekend celebration
- 8 Cambridge Summer Music Festival 2022 brings world-class classical performers to Cambridgeshire
- 9 Kite Festival set to return to Royston next month
- 10 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
A new senior management structure was agreed by the council in June that secured annual cost savings in excess of �230,000.