Nominations open to celebrate community champions in Royston
- Credit: Archant
People who have made a positive difference in the Royston community are to be celebrated at an awards ceremony hosted by the town council next month.
Nominations are now open to put forward local individuals or groups who have volunteered their time and have made a significant contribution to the community.
A spokeswoman for the town council said: “There are many unsung heroes who work tirelessly to help others and set a good example in communities across Royston.
“If you know someone who you think deserves an award, please help them get recognition by nominating them.”
Royston mayor Ben Lewis will present the awards to the winners at the Annual Town Meeting on Thursday, March 10.
You may also want to watch:
The event will be held at 7.30pm at Royston Town Hall in Melbourn Street.
People are invited to send nominations and their reason for nominating via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 3 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 4 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 5 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 6 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 7 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 8 The bells are back in town!
- 9 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 10 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
The closing date for nominations is Wednesday, February 17, so get them in soon.