Nominations open to celebrate community champions in Royston
- Credit: Archant
People who have made a positive difference in the Royston community are to be celebrated at an awards ceremony hosted by the town council next month.
Nominations are now open to put forward local individuals or groups who have volunteered their time and have made a significant contribution to the community.
A spokeswoman for the town council said: “There are many unsung heroes who work tirelessly to help others and set a good example in communities across Royston.
“If you know someone who you think deserves an award, please help them get recognition by nominating them.”
Royston mayor Ben Lewis will present the awards to the winners at the Annual Town Meeting on Thursday, March 10.
You may also want to watch:
The event will be held at 7.30pm at Royston Town Hall in Melbourn Street.
People are invited to send nominations and their reason for nominating via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 5 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 6 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 7 Walkers put their best foot forward for floating hospital
- 8 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 9 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
The closing date for nominations is Wednesday, February 17, so get them in soon.