Nominations open to celebrate community champions in Royston
- Credit: Archant
People who have made a positive difference in the Royston community are to be celebrated at an awards ceremony hosted by the town council next month.
Nominations are now open to put forward local individuals or groups who have volunteered their time and have made a significant contribution to the community.
A spokeswoman for the town council said: “There are many unsung heroes who work tirelessly to help others and set a good example in communities across Royston.
“If you know someone who you think deserves an award, please help them get recognition by nominating them.”
Royston mayor Ben Lewis will present the awards to the winners at the Annual Town Meeting on Thursday, March 10.
You may also want to watch:
The event will be held at 7.30pm at Royston Town Hall in Melbourn Street.
People are invited to send nominations and their reason for nominating via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 5 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 6 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 7 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 8 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 9 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
The closing date for nominations is Wednesday, February 17, so get them in soon.