No votes’ warning in bus campaign
VETERAN campaigner Terry Hutt is delivering a stark warning to Hertfordshire County Council: No buses, no votes. Mr Hutt is urging people who are opposed to the council s decision to scrap the number 17 bus route to display posters he has produced in thei
VETERAN campaigner Terry Hutt is delivering a stark warning to Hertfordshire County Council: No buses, no votes.
Mr Hutt is urging people who are opposed to the council's decision to scrap the number 17 bus route to display posters he has produced in their windows.
He said: "Politicians are worried about their seats, and we want them to know that if they don't give us the bus service we need they won't be getting our votes.
"I've given out about 200 posters so far, and people have been telling me they will put them up in their homes and even in their cars.
You may also want to watch:
"Concessionary bus passes for pensioners are being introduced in April, but what's the point of these if there are no buses?"
The number 17 bus was withdrawn in January, following the withdrawal of £130,000 of funding from North Herts District Council.
- 1 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Hunt the hearts at town trail to raise money for charity
As reported in The Crow last week, North Herts District Council's Royston area committee is currently investigating the possibility of amending the number 16 bus route to include the areas that used to be served by the number 17.