No end in sight for Meldreth noise disturbance
- Credit: Archant
RESIDENTS have voiced their outrage at a noisy food distributor.
More than 30 people from Meldreth Village met at a public meeting, held this week, over the noise produced by cold-chain food distributor Eden Farm, based on Station Yard.
Representatives from Eden Farm and Suffolk Coastal District Council Environmental Health and Planning met with the village residents on Wednesday, but could not find a solution.
Nigel Wigg claims he has had to keep his windows shut for the last ten years because of the noise.
He said: “The noise is just constant, it’s 24 hours a day. It disrupts mine and the neighbours sleep, and we have to keep our windows shut even in the hot weather.
You may also want to watch:
The meeting was organised by Cllr Susan van de Ven after years of complaints over the last few years.
One resident wrote: “This generator has been running continuously 24 hours a day including weekends and bank holidays since the middle of February. I believe it’s emitting about 70dB and the continuous drone is causing considerable disturbance to us and our neighbours.”
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 3 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 4 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 5 The bells are back in town!
- 6 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 7 Warning as more residents targeted by scam police calls
- 8 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 9 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 10 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
A further meeting is now planned for within the next two weeks.
Mr Wigg said he and his neighbours are optimistic about the ultimate outcome.
“We hope to sort something out because it has just been getting worse and worse lately. It’s become a real problem now and enough is enough.”
Eden Farm have yet to comment on the meeting.