No date set for Market Hill Surgery reopening after major flood in May
- Credit: Archant
After a major flood back in May, it is still unclear when a doctors’ surgery in the centre of Royston will reopen.
Market Hill Surgery was closed after the flood affected all floors of the building, leaving it in a dangerous position with ceilings coming down and all electrical equipment damaged.
Services are currently being diverted to Barley Surgery in Barley High Street.
Representatives at the surgery did not wish to comment, and the last update on the Barley Practice website was on July 1, which said: “Please accept our sincere apologies that Market Hill Surgery is still closed. At present it is still drying out which just goes to show how much water came through the building. As soon as we have news of when the builders can start the renovations we will let you know.
“In the meantime, thank you for all your help and patience during this very difficult time.”
You may also want to watch:
A phone line has been set up at Barley for all Market Hill calls. If a Royston patient wants to order a repeat prescription online, they can put the name of the chemist in Royston in the ‘message’ box.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange