NHDC fully prepared for Dale Farm travellers
THE Dale Farm eviction is being monitored closely by North Herts District Council who claim the authority is fully prepared if travellers decamp to Crow Country.
Eyes have been fixed on the Essex site for weeks as the planned eviction of travellers from the 51 illegal sites draws closer.
It was due to begin this week but a High Court injunction prevented Basildon Council from removing the families.
Councillor Peter Burt, portfolio holder for Environment said: “NHDC officers have been liaising with other local authorities and partners to plan for the eventuality of travellers occupying land in North Hertfordshire.
“We are monitoring the situation closely and we are fully prepared should this happen.
You may also want to watch:
“We have taken some practical measures such as making sure gates are locked to parks and open spaces where we have them, however, given the rural nature of the district it would be impractical and very costly to try and secure all of our open spaces.”
South Cambs District Council said they were also monitoring the situation and working with its Cambridgeshire partners.
- 1 Woman in her 50s killed in crash between Melbourn and Royston
- 2 Road closed after 'serious' crash on A10
- 3 'FOI request refusal leaves residents in darkness'
- 4 When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 7 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 8 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 9 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 10 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire