NHDC fully prepared for Dale Farm travellers
THE Dale Farm eviction is being monitored closely by North Herts District Council who claim the authority is fully prepared if travellers decamp to Crow Country.
Eyes have been fixed on the Essex site for weeks as the planned eviction of travellers from the 51 illegal sites draws closer.
It was due to begin this week but a High Court injunction prevented Basildon Council from removing the families.
Councillor Peter Burt, portfolio holder for Environment said: “NHDC officers have been liaising with other local authorities and partners to plan for the eventuality of travellers occupying land in North Hertfordshire.
“We are monitoring the situation closely and we are fully prepared should this happen.
You may also want to watch:
“We have taken some practical measures such as making sure gates are locked to parks and open spaces where we have them, however, given the rural nature of the district it would be impractical and very costly to try and secure all of our open spaces.”
South Cambs District Council said they were also monitoring the situation and working with its Cambridgeshire partners.
- 1 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 8 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show