NHDC fully prepared for Dale Farm travellers
THE Dale Farm eviction is being monitored closely by North Herts District Council who claim the authority is fully prepared if travellers decamp to Crow Country.
Eyes have been fixed on the Essex site for weeks as the planned eviction of travellers from the 51 illegal sites draws closer.
It was due to begin this week but a High Court injunction prevented Basildon Council from removing the families.
Councillor Peter Burt, portfolio holder for Environment said: “NHDC officers have been liaising with other local authorities and partners to plan for the eventuality of travellers occupying land in North Hertfordshire.
“We are monitoring the situation closely and we are fully prepared should this happen.
You may also want to watch:
“We have taken some practical measures such as making sure gates are locked to parks and open spaces where we have them, however, given the rural nature of the district it would be impractical and very costly to try and secure all of our open spaces.”
South Cambs District Council said they were also monitoring the situation and working with its Cambridgeshire partners.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 8 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 9 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 10 Colney Heath in line for promotion after FA decide to restructure non-league pyramid