New Year message from Royston Town Mayor
BOTH my wife, Kath, and I hope you all had an enjoyable Christmas and are now able to look forward to 2006. The new year brings fresh hope to many, and opportunities for all of us to look forward and put new ideas into action. The town forum can revamp th
BOTH my wife, Kath, and I hope you all had an enjoyable Christmas and are now able to look forward to 2006.
The new year brings fresh hope to many, and opportunities for all of us to look forward and put new ideas into action.
The town forum can revamp the market and continue to encourage new businesses to the town centre, and the Royston Town Council and North Herts District Council can get down to the task of re-creating the civic area.
Although this will necessarily take a long time, many of you will join me in hoping it will not take as long as the Royston Leisure Centre.
You may also want to watch:
The ideas for bringing a cinema and theatre back to Royston are there, together with providing exhibition areas and the museum are already on paper.
The new year should see the political will to see them through.
- 1 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 2 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 3 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 4 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 5 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 6 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 7 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 8 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 10 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
The hard work will also start on the plans for new healthcare facilities for Royston, both at the hospital and the health centre.
There is plenty to think about and we need to get her started.
A happy new year to everyone.
Councillor BILL PRIME, Mayor of Royston.