New Year honour
A ROYSTON man has been appointed an OBE in the Queen s New Year honours list. Clive Warren, of Green Drift, received the honour for his work in the Department of International Development. Mr Warren retired a year ago, before which he was the head of over
A ROYSTON man has been appointed an OBE in the Queen's New Year honours list.
Clive Warren, of Green Drift, received the honour for his work in the Department of International Development.
Mr Warren retired a year ago, before which he was the head of overseas development.
His position involved working with former territories such as Monsarrat and the Falklands to aid their economic development.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the Department of International Development said: "His work was mainly about helping the islands and supporting their development, helping them improve their industries and exports.
"He headed up the department and often visited these places to see what kind of support for development could take place there."
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
Mr Warren is currently on holiday on the former colonial island of St Helena.