New Year honour
A ROYSTON man has been appointed an OBE in the Queen s New Year honours list. Clive Warren, of Green Drift, received the honour for his work in the Department of International Development. Mr Warren retired a year ago, before which he was the head of over
A ROYSTON man has been appointed an OBE in the Queen's New Year honours list.
Clive Warren, of Green Drift, received the honour for his work in the Department of International Development.
Mr Warren retired a year ago, before which he was the head of overseas development.
His position involved working with former territories such as Monsarrat and the Falklands to aid their economic development.
A spokesman for the Department of International Development said: "His work was mainly about helping the islands and supporting their development, helping them improve their industries and exports.
"He headed up the department and often visited these places to see what kind of support for development could take place there."
- 1 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 4 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 5 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 6 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 7 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 8 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 9 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
Mr Warren is currently on holiday on the former colonial island of St Helena.