New Year honour
A ROYSTON man has been appointed an OBE in the Queen s New Year honours list. Clive Warren, of Green Drift, received the honour for his work in the Department of International Development. Mr Warren retired a year ago, before which he was the head of over
A ROYSTON man has been appointed an OBE in the Queen's New Year honours list.
Clive Warren, of Green Drift, received the honour for his work in the Department of International Development.
Mr Warren retired a year ago, before which he was the head of overseas development.
His position involved working with former territories such as Monsarrat and the Falklands to aid their economic development.
A spokesman for the Department of International Development said: "His work was mainly about helping the islands and supporting their development, helping them improve their industries and exports.
"He headed up the department and often visited these places to see what kind of support for development could take place there."
- 1 Firefighters tackle large blaze in field in Guilden Morden
- 2 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 3 Herts' 'league of extraordinary farmers' come together to fight field fires
- 4 Author AJ Campbell to publish fourth novel
- 5 Melbourn's Dan Goodfellow hails 'extra-special' Commonwealth gold
- 6 9 things to do on a day trip to Hitchin, Hertfordshire
- 7 Residents concerned 140 homes plan could cause 'ecological catastrophe'
- 8 Royston Kite Festival expected to attract thousands
- 9 Johnson Matthey to build £80 million 'gigafactory' in Royston
- 10 Double murderer Ian Stewart has whole life order reduced
Mr Warren is currently on holiday on the former colonial island of St Helena.