New Year honour
A ROYSTON man has been appointed an OBE in the Queen s New Year honours list. Clive Warren, of Green Drift, received the honour for his work in the Department of International Development. Mr Warren retired a year ago, before which he was the head of over
A ROYSTON man has been appointed an OBE in the Queen's New Year honours list.
Clive Warren, of Green Drift, received the honour for his work in the Department of International Development.
Mr Warren retired a year ago, before which he was the head of overseas development.
His position involved working with former territories such as Monsarrat and the Falklands to aid their economic development.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the Department of International Development said: "His work was mainly about helping the islands and supporting their development, helping them improve their industries and exports.
"He headed up the department and often visited these places to see what kind of support for development could take place there."
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 4 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 5 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 8 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 9 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
Mr Warren is currently on holiday on the former colonial island of St Helena.