New Wetherspoons pub ready to open in Royston
- Credit: Archant
Royston’s new £1.4 million pub will open its doors next week.
Cllr Bob Smith, Mayor of Royston, will be on hand to officially open The Manor House, in Melbourn Street, at 7am on Tuesday.
The pub is being opened by the JD Wetherspoon chain, who took over the derelict building which was formerly the Manor House Social Club last year.
JD Wetherspoon have spent £1.4million renovating the Grade II listed building, and say The Manor House will create up to 50 new jobs in the town.
Manager Scott Jones said: “Myself and my team are looking forward to welcoming customers into the pub and we are confident that it will be a great addition to Royston’s community.”
You may also want to watch:
As reported in the Crow in August, a team of artists from Royston Arts Society have been working on a series of murals depicting scenes from the town’s past. These will be on display in the new pub, which will be open from 7am-midnight Sunday to Thursday, and 7am-1am on Friday and Saturday.
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 8 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 9 Isthmian League reveal why they want to terminate non-league football 'at the earliest opportunity'
- 10 A mental health first aider offers advice on coping during lockdown