New Wetherspoons pub ready to open in Royston
- Credit: Archant
Royston’s new £1.4 million pub will open its doors next week.
Cllr Bob Smith, Mayor of Royston, will be on hand to officially open The Manor House, in Melbourn Street, at 7am on Tuesday.
The pub is being opened by the JD Wetherspoon chain, who took over the derelict building which was formerly the Manor House Social Club last year.
JD Wetherspoon have spent £1.4million renovating the Grade II listed building, and say The Manor House will create up to 50 new jobs in the town.
Manager Scott Jones said: “Myself and my team are looking forward to welcoming customers into the pub and we are confident that it will be a great addition to Royston’s community.”
You may also want to watch:
As reported in the Crow in August, a team of artists from Royston Arts Society have been working on a series of murals depicting scenes from the town’s past. These will be on display in the new pub, which will be open from 7am-midnight Sunday to Thursday, and 7am-1am on Friday and Saturday.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 3 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 4 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 5 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 8 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 9 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 10 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing