New Wetherspoons pub ready to open in Royston
- Credit: Archant
Royston’s new £1.4 million pub will open its doors next week.
Cllr Bob Smith, Mayor of Royston, will be on hand to officially open The Manor House, in Melbourn Street, at 7am on Tuesday.
The pub is being opened by the JD Wetherspoon chain, who took over the derelict building which was formerly the Manor House Social Club last year.
JD Wetherspoon have spent £1.4million renovating the Grade II listed building, and say The Manor House will create up to 50 new jobs in the town.
Manager Scott Jones said: “Myself and my team are looking forward to welcoming customers into the pub and we are confident that it will be a great addition to Royston’s community.”
You may also want to watch:
As reported in the Crow in August, a team of artists from Royston Arts Society have been working on a series of murals depicting scenes from the town’s past. These will be on display in the new pub, which will be open from 7am-midnight Sunday to Thursday, and 7am-1am on Friday and Saturday.
- 1 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 8 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Where to get a walk-in Covid-19 vaccine in Cambridgeshire this weekend