New Wetherspoons pub ready to open in Royston
- Credit: Archant
Royston’s new £1.4 million pub will open its doors next week.
Cllr Bob Smith, Mayor of Royston, will be on hand to officially open The Manor House, in Melbourn Street, at 7am on Tuesday.
The pub is being opened by the JD Wetherspoon chain, who took over the derelict building which was formerly the Manor House Social Club last year.
JD Wetherspoon have spent £1.4million renovating the Grade II listed building, and say The Manor House will create up to 50 new jobs in the town.
Manager Scott Jones said: “Myself and my team are looking forward to welcoming customers into the pub and we are confident that it will be a great addition to Royston’s community.”
You may also want to watch:
As reported in the Crow in August, a team of artists from Royston Arts Society have been working on a series of murals depicting scenes from the town’s past. These will be on display in the new pub, which will be open from 7am-midnight Sunday to Thursday, and 7am-1am on Friday and Saturday.
- 1 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 2 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 3 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Wildlife photographer's lockdown calendar raises money for those in need
- 6 Families of care home residents worry about vaccine roll-out delays
- 7 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 8 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 9 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn