New venue for Voice meeting
AFFORDABLE housing and parking in Buntingford are among issues to be discussed at the town s next Community Voice meeting. Residents will be able to have a say on January 22. But the meeting has been moved from Freman College to the United Reformed Church
AFFORDABLE housing and parking in Buntingford are among issues to be discussed at the town's next Community Voice meeting.
Residents will be able to have a say on January 22.
But the meeting has been moved from Freman College to the United Reformed Church Hall, from 7.30-9pm.
East Herts Council's task and finish group, which explores ways of improving Community Voice, found that Buntingford's venue was the only one in East Herts which was not suitable.
You may also want to watch:
A report stated: "A group member found the seating was uncomfortable, the room could be cold, and the layout meant that latecomers entered from the front of the room."
The group has, therefore, recommended that all venues are chosen for their ability to provide a comfortable environment and easy access.
- 1 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 2 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 8 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 9 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 10 Socially-distanced festival is a welcome return to pre-pandemic good times
An East Herts Council spokesman said: "We will see how it goes and if it works out. Disabled access is particularly important.