New venue for Voice meeting
AFFORDABLE housing and parking in Buntingford are among issues to be discussed at the town s next Community Voice meeting. Residents will be able to have a say on January 22. But the meeting has been moved from Freman College to the United Reformed Church
AFFORDABLE housing and parking in Buntingford are among issues to be discussed at the town's next Community Voice meeting.
Residents will be able to have a say on January 22.
But the meeting has been moved from Freman College to the United Reformed Church Hall, from 7.30-9pm.
East Herts Council's task and finish group, which explores ways of improving Community Voice, found that Buntingford's venue was the only one in East Herts which was not suitable.
You may also want to watch:
A report stated: "A group member found the seating was uncomfortable, the room could be cold, and the layout meant that latecomers entered from the front of the room."
The group has, therefore, recommended that all venues are chosen for their ability to provide a comfortable environment and easy access.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
An East Herts Council spokesman said: "We will see how it goes and if it works out. Disabled access is particularly important.