New twist to Royston May Fayre
ONE of the leading gymnastic teams in Europe will be giving displays at this year s Royston May Fayre on Monday. The Kangaroos display team has appeared at Wembley Stadium before the FA Cup Final, at the Grand National and at the Battle of the Flowers eve
ONE of the leading gymnastic teams in Europe will be giving displays at this year's Royston May Fayre on Monday.
The Kangaroos display team has appeared at Wembley Stadium before the FA Cup Final, at the Grand National and at the Battle of the Flowers event in Guernsey.
It has appeared, too, at the Birmingham International Tattoo and the Manchester Tattoo.
One of its most prestigious appearances was at VE Day anniversary events in Hyde Park
The team - which was set up in 1981 - will be performing twice in the main arena in the Priory Memorial Gardens.
First will be a display of gymnastics during which more than 250 somersaults are performed, and then in a comedy display.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 3 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 4 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 5 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 6 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 7 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 8 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 9 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 10 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
This year's May Fayre will include, too, displays from the Royston-based Electralites and the Royston Fire Cadets.
Classic cars will be on display in the Royston Town Hall car park as well as performances from the Royston Town Band and the Opus 17 Band in the Priory Memorial Gardens.
Organisations such as the Army Cadets and Air Cadets and the Royston Youth Council will be having displays on the stall in the gardens.
The Royston May Fayre runs from noon-4.30pm.
May Fayre Programme: Priory Memorial Gardens, Monday, May 5
10am Classic cars arrive (Royston Town Hall car park)
Noon Rides, side stalls and charity stalls; Stilt walking.
12.30pm Official opening by the Mayor of Royston, Cllr Peter Lill. (main arena); Royston Town Band (beer tent)
1pm Classic Car awards (Town Hall car park)
1.15-2pm Circus/Juggling Show (main arena)
2pm Kangaroos Display Team (main arena)
2.30pm Opus 17 Band (beer tent)
2.45 Electralities Display Team (main arena)
3.30pm Kangaroos Display team -comedy act (Main arena)
3.45-4.30pm Walking about juggling/balloon modelling
4-4.15pm Electralities (main arena)
4.15pm Royston Fire Cadets display (main arena)
Refreshments available in Priory Memorial Gardens and Royston Town Hall.
The Royston May Fayre is sponsored by the Royston Town Council, North Herts District Council, the Rotary Club of Royston, and The Crow