New supermarket takes shape
WORK begins this week on Royston s new supermarket. Morrisons have taken over the Somerfield store in Baldock Street, and have a range of expansion plans for the shop, including the construction of new fresh food counters. Regional Director for Morrison
WORK begins this week on Royston's new supermarket.
Morrisons have taken over the Somerfield store in Baldock Street, and have a range of expansion plans for the shop, including the construction of new fresh food counters.
Regional Director for Morrisons Mike Zamiteas, said: "We're really pleased to have started work on the new store, we're working quickly to bring the people of Royston the best of Morrisons including our great 'Market Street' Concept, with a butcher, fishmonger and baker in store.
"The new store will mean we can offer the people of Royston more fresh choice at great value throughout the store, with the same great service and quality they'd expect from Morrisons," he said.
You may also want to watch:
While work is carried out on the store, shoppers will be able to take a free bus from Royston to Morrisons in Cambourne.
The service begins today (Monday May 4), and will operate on a Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, leaving Royston at 9am and noon, and returning at 1pm and 2.30pm.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 3 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 4 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 5 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 8 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 9 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued