New supermarket takes shape
WORK begins this week on Royston s new supermarket. Morrisons have taken over the Somerfield store in Baldock Street, and have a range of expansion plans for the shop, including the construction of new fresh food counters. Regional Director for Morrison
WORK begins this week on Royston's new supermarket.
Morrisons have taken over the Somerfield store in Baldock Street, and have a range of expansion plans for the shop, including the construction of new fresh food counters.
Regional Director for Morrisons Mike Zamiteas, said: "We're really pleased to have started work on the new store, we're working quickly to bring the people of Royston the best of Morrisons including our great 'Market Street' Concept, with a butcher, fishmonger and baker in store.
"The new store will mean we can offer the people of Royston more fresh choice at great value throughout the store, with the same great service and quality they'd expect from Morrisons," he said.
You may also want to watch:
While work is carried out on the store, shoppers will be able to take a free bus from Royston to Morrisons in Cambourne.
The service begins today (Monday May 4), and will operate on a Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, leaving Royston at 9am and noon, and returning at 1pm and 2.30pm.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 4 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 5 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 6 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 7 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 8 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 9 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 10 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?