New supermarket takes shape
WORK begins this week on Royston s new supermarket. Morrisons have taken over the Somerfield store in Baldock Street, and have a range of expansion plans for the shop, including the construction of new fresh food counters. Regional Director for Morrison
WORK begins this week on Royston's new supermarket.
Morrisons have taken over the Somerfield store in Baldock Street, and have a range of expansion plans for the shop, including the construction of new fresh food counters.
Regional Director for Morrisons Mike Zamiteas, said: "We're really pleased to have started work on the new store, we're working quickly to bring the people of Royston the best of Morrisons including our great 'Market Street' Concept, with a butcher, fishmonger and baker in store.
"The new store will mean we can offer the people of Royston more fresh choice at great value throughout the store, with the same great service and quality they'd expect from Morrisons," he said.
You may also want to watch:
While work is carried out on the store, shoppers will be able to take a free bus from Royston to Morrisons in Cambourne.
The service begins today (Monday May 4), and will operate on a Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, leaving Royston at 9am and noon, and returning at 1pm and 2.30pm.
- 1 Woman in her 50s killed in crash between Melbourn and Royston
- 2 Road closed after 'serious' crash on A10
- 3 'FOI request refusal leaves residents in darkness'
- 4 When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 7 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 8 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 9 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 10 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire