New supermarket takes shape
WORK begins this week on Royston s new supermarket. Morrisons have taken over the Somerfield store in Baldock Street, and have a range of expansion plans for the shop, including the construction of new fresh food counters. Regional Director for Morrison
WORK begins this week on Royston's new supermarket.
Morrisons have taken over the Somerfield store in Baldock Street, and have a range of expansion plans for the shop, including the construction of new fresh food counters.
Regional Director for Morrisons Mike Zamiteas, said: "We're really pleased to have started work on the new store, we're working quickly to bring the people of Royston the best of Morrisons including our great 'Market Street' Concept, with a butcher, fishmonger and baker in store.
"The new store will mean we can offer the people of Royston more fresh choice at great value throughout the store, with the same great service and quality they'd expect from Morrisons," he said.
You may also want to watch:
While work is carried out on the store, shoppers will be able to take a free bus from Royston to Morrisons in Cambourne.
The service begins today (Monday May 4), and will operate on a Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, leaving Royston at 9am and noon, and returning at 1pm and 2.30pm.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 9 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 10 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown