New Scout group seeks leader
A new scouting group to be set up in Melbourn is on the lookout for a leader. At a meeting held at Melbourn Primary School on Tuesday, parents and children showed their support and discussed the logistics of setting up a scouting group in the area. Distri
A new scouting group to be set up in Melbourn is on the lookout for a leader.
At a meeting held at Melbourn Primary School on Tuesday, parents and children showed their support and discussed the logistics of setting up a scouting group in the area.
District Commissioner for the Granta region Michael Rolfe spoke of the success of neighbouring groups and added: "We are looking for someone who is committed, who is good with children, and who has the time to give to the group.
"They don't have to have any particular skills, such as tying knots or putting up tents - training will be given!"
You may also want to watch:
While nearby towns and villages have their own scouting groups, Melbourn and Meldreth have been without a Beaver, Cub or Scout group for eight years through a lack of leaders.
Businessman and parent John Balodis who has rallied support for the new group said: "I think there will be a lot of parents who will volunteer and be at the meetings weekly, but we are looking for someone to come forward and say 'yes I'll be the leader'."
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 8 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 9 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 10 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
Parent Nicola Dimelow from Melbourn, who attended the meeting said: "This is an excellent idea. There is nowhere for the boys to go and channel their energy at the moment."
Anyone interested in getting involved in the group, as a leader or supporter, should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.