New scheme offers train travel savings for commuters
COMMUTERS travelling from Royston to Cambridge or Huntingdon can save 10 per cent on tickets thanks to a new scheme. Train operator First Capital Connect has teamed up with the Cambridgeshire Travel for Work Partnership (TfW) to offer savings on monthly,
COMMUTERS travelling from Royston to Cambridge or Huntingdon can save 10 per cent on tickets thanks to a new scheme.
Train operator First Capital Connect has teamed up with the Cambridgeshire Travel for Work Partnership (TfW) to offer savings on monthly, quarterly and annual train season tickets for employees of companies who are full members of the Travel for Work network.
Julie Ryan, marketing relationship manager at First Capital Connect said: "The Travel for Work scheme offers significant discounts at times when customers are looking to save money. The TfW network is growing and offers a number of services and green initiatives and we are delighted to be a part of it."
Travel for Work provides travel solutions for employers through supporting the development of effective workplace travel initiatives that promote train and bus use, car sharing, cycling and walking for travelling to and for work.
You may also want to watch:
Membership of the TfW scheme is free and it also offers a number of other ways for businesses to save money and promote green travel.
Gary Armstrong, travel plan adviser at Cambridgeshire Travel for Work, said: "This is a very exciting incentive which will be added to the portfolio of services we currently provide to the TfW membership and one which will be most welcome especially to those employers based near the two stations."
- 1 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 2 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 3 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 5 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 8 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 9 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 10 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
For more information on joining Travel for Work, visit www.tfw.org.uk.