New scheme offers train travel savings for commuters
COMMUTERS travelling from Royston to Cambridge or Huntingdon can save 10 per cent on tickets thanks to a new scheme. Train operator First Capital Connect has teamed up with the Cambridgeshire Travel for Work Partnership (TfW) to offer savings on monthly,
COMMUTERS travelling from Royston to Cambridge or Huntingdon can save 10 per cent on tickets thanks to a new scheme.
Train operator First Capital Connect has teamed up with the Cambridgeshire Travel for Work Partnership (TfW) to offer savings on monthly, quarterly and annual train season tickets for employees of companies who are full members of the Travel for Work network.
Julie Ryan, marketing relationship manager at First Capital Connect said: "The Travel for Work scheme offers significant discounts at times when customers are looking to save money. The TfW network is growing and offers a number of services and green initiatives and we are delighted to be a part of it."
Travel for Work provides travel solutions for employers through supporting the development of effective workplace travel initiatives that promote train and bus use, car sharing, cycling and walking for travelling to and for work.
You may also want to watch:
Membership of the TfW scheme is free and it also offers a number of other ways for businesses to save money and promote green travel.
Gary Armstrong, travel plan adviser at Cambridgeshire Travel for Work, said: "This is a very exciting incentive which will be added to the portfolio of services we currently provide to the TfW membership and one which will be most welcome especially to those employers based near the two stations."
- 1 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 4 Royston woman celebrates 100th birthday after living in town for 53 years
- 5 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 9 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 10 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
For more information on joining Travel for Work, visit www.tfw.org.uk.