New round of formula one car testing to commence at Imperial War Museum Duxford
FORMULA One car testing will continue at the Imperial War Museum in Duxord despite complaints from residents. South Cambridgeshire district council has announced that it will allow five days of testing to go ahead at the museum in 2010. This follows a cou
FORMULA One car testing will continue at the Imperial War Museum in Duxord despite complaints from residents.
South Cambridgeshire district council has announced that it will allow five days of testing to go ahead at the museum in 2010.
This follows a council investigation into the noise created by initial tests last year, which led to a number of complaints from local people.
Cllr Sue Ellington, environmental health portfolio holder, said, "We've worked closely with the museum to reach a balance between their needs and the rights of residents.
You may also want to watch:
"By putting conditions in place, we are aiming to limit any inconvenience to local people, give them plenty of warning about future events and prevent any escalation in noise or frequency. We will continue to monitor testing and will review the conditions if necessary."
The conditions include a maximum of 180 runs to be made up and down the runway each day, and that only one test day can be held per month with a minimum break of three weeks in between each session.
- 1 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 2 Tribute to beloved mum, friend and artist Debbie Horabin
- 3 Political row over South Cambs new town proposal
- 4 Thief pleads guilty to assaulting two people
- 5 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 6 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 7 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 10 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
Tests carried out by the Renault team last year divided opinions locally, with many people enjoying the sessions, but others complaining that the noise created by the vehicles disrupted their lives.