New Rehearsal Space for Drama Group
THE Corvus Amateur Dramatic Society of Royston (CADS) has been granted a new premises for rehearsing.
Southcourt Properties Ltd, located at the Lantern Complex in Melbourn Street, Royston, has given the society a vacant office for to use for practising their productions after they were unable to use their usual space.
Michael Young, CADS Secretary, said: “Summer is already a difficult time in which to rehearse, and changes at Greneway School, where we normally rehearse, meant that we were unable to use it until the start of September.
“Luckily, through discussions between one of our cast and Martin Hay of Southcourt Properties, we have been able to secure the use of an empty office in town, which has proved ideal.”
CADS are currently rehearsing for Outside Edge and will be performing it as part of the Royston Arts Festival. Set in and around an amateur cricket pavilion, it features team captain Roger, whose efforts to win a crucial match encounter problems. There was an ITV series based on the play in the 1980s.
You may also want to watch:
It will be performed on 24 and 25 September at Greneway School with evening performances at 7.30 p.m. and a Saturday matinee at 3.00 p.m. Tickets start at �5 and are available by ringing CADS on 01763 223805 from the beginning of September.
If you would like more information about the production, please visit the CADS website at www.cadsroyston.org.uk.
- 1 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 8 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show