New Melbourn minister
MELBOURN Baptist Church has appointed a new minister. The Rev Stuart Clarke, 32, joined the church two weeks ago after being ordained. He said: I m thrilled to be here. For the first three months I want to just be here and listen to the people around me,
MELBOURN Baptist Church has appointed a new minister.
The Rev Stuart Clarke, 32, joined the church two weeks ago after being ordained.
He said: "I'm thrilled to be here. For the first three months I want to just be here and listen to the people around me, and see where the community is at."
Mr Clarke and his family have moved to the area from London, where he attended Spurgeons College.
You may also want to watch:
"It's great to be out in the countryside," he said.
"I'm quite pastoral. I love being around people and being part of a community."
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 5 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 9 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 10 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
Mr Clarke has moved to the area with his wife Margie and four daughters - twins Zoe and Emily, both five, Abbie, three, and Amy, six months.
Mr Clarke said: "When the Church calls, it calls the whole family, and I made sure they were all included in the process of where God was leading us."
- The village will also be welcoming a new minister to Melbourn United Reformed Church next month.
A ceremony will be held on October 7 for the Rev Duncan Goldie.