New Melbourn minister
MELBOURN Baptist Church has appointed a new minister. The Rev Stuart Clarke, 32, joined the church two weeks ago after being ordained. He said: I m thrilled to be here. For the first three months I want to just be here and listen to the people around me,
MELBOURN Baptist Church has appointed a new minister.
The Rev Stuart Clarke, 32, joined the church two weeks ago after being ordained.
He said: "I'm thrilled to be here. For the first three months I want to just be here and listen to the people around me, and see where the community is at."
Mr Clarke and his family have moved to the area from London, where he attended Spurgeons College.
You may also want to watch:
"It's great to be out in the countryside," he said.
"I'm quite pastoral. I love being around people and being part of a community."
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 6 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Mr Clarke has moved to the area with his wife Margie and four daughters - twins Zoe and Emily, both five, Abbie, three, and Amy, six months.
Mr Clarke said: "When the Church calls, it calls the whole family, and I made sure they were all included in the process of where God was leading us."
- The village will also be welcoming a new minister to Melbourn United Reformed Church next month.
A ceremony will be held on October 7 for the Rev Duncan Goldie.