New Melbourn minister
MELBOURN Baptist Church has appointed a new minister. The Rev Stuart Clarke, 32, joined the church two weeks ago after being ordained. He said: I m thrilled to be here. For the first three months I want to just be here and listen to the people around me,
MELBOURN Baptist Church has appointed a new minister.
The Rev Stuart Clarke, 32, joined the church two weeks ago after being ordained.
He said: "I'm thrilled to be here. For the first three months I want to just be here and listen to the people around me, and see where the community is at."
Mr Clarke and his family have moved to the area from London, where he attended Spurgeons College.
"It's great to be out in the countryside," he said.
"I'm quite pastoral. I love being around people and being part of a community."
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 5 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 6 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 7 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Partygate is a kick in the teeth for South Cambs residents, says Lib Dem candidate
- 9 Town's biggest employer pays tribute to late F John Smith's 'vision and commitment'
- 10 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
Mr Clarke has moved to the area with his wife Margie and four daughters - twins Zoe and Emily, both five, Abbie, three, and Amy, six months.
Mr Clarke said: "When the Church calls, it calls the whole family, and I made sure they were all included in the process of where God was leading us."
- The village will also be welcoming a new minister to Melbourn United Reformed Church next month.
A ceremony will be held on October 7 for the Rev Duncan Goldie.