New mayor goes back to school
ROYSTON town mayor Cllr Rob Inwood went back to his old school for his first duty in his new role.
He faced a grilling from year fives at Roysia on what he has planned for his tenure, how he will engage the youth of the town and his feelings at becoming mayor.
“They gave me quite a grilling today but I enjoyed coming back to my old school and teaching them how being the mayor works,” said the 43-year-old.
“I was very nervous going in but I think its good to teach the kids about the town council so they aren’t afraid of approaching me if they have an issue.”
One of the pupils, Cameron, asked Cllr Inwood whether he would be able to help introduce a new bus route for her grandmother, who has struggled with getting around since county council cuts reduced services.
You may also want to watch:
“We have written to HCC about buses,” responded Cllr Inwood. “At the moment the council is short of money but we will be trying our best to make sure everyone can get around.”
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 5 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 8 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 9 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 10 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton