New links for chain reaction
ROYSTON Town Council is seeking donations towards the cost of new links on the mayoral chain. The council needs £600 to pay for 10 new links for the chain – which will include one for last year s mayor Cllr Bill Prime, and this year s mayor, Cllr Lynn Ber
ROYSTON Town Council is seeking donations towards the cost of new links on the mayoral chain.
The council needs £600 to pay for 10 new links for the chain - which will include one for last year's mayor Cllr Bill Prime, and this year's mayor, Cllr Lynn Berry.
Town clerk Celia Walpole told members of the council's finance committee that links have always been purchased through donations.
At the moment, she said, there were a number of people interested in sponsoring a link.
You may also want to watch:
The mayoral chain originally cost £250 in the 1950s when it was for the use of the then chairman of the Royston Urban District Council.
n For details about becoming a sponsor, call the town council on 01763 245484.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 6 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 7 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 8 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote