New links for chain reaction
ROYSTON Town Council is seeking donations towards the cost of new links on the mayoral chain. The council needs £600 to pay for 10 new links for the chain – which will include one for last year s mayor Cllr Bill Prime, and this year s mayor, Cllr Lynn Ber
ROYSTON Town Council is seeking donations towards the cost of new links on the mayoral chain.
The council needs £600 to pay for 10 new links for the chain - which will include one for last year's mayor Cllr Bill Prime, and this year's mayor, Cllr Lynn Berry.
Town clerk Celia Walpole told members of the council's finance committee that links have always been purchased through donations.
At the moment, she said, there were a number of people interested in sponsoring a link.
The mayoral chain originally cost £250 in the 1950s when it was for the use of the then chairman of the Royston Urban District Council.
n For details about becoming a sponsor, call the town council on 01763 245484.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 4 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 5 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 6 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 7 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?