New links for chain reaction
ROYSTON Town Council is seeking donations towards the cost of new links on the mayoral chain. The council needs £600 to pay for 10 new links for the chain – which will include one for last year s mayor Cllr Bill Prime, and this year s mayor, Cllr Lynn Ber
ROYSTON Town Council is seeking donations towards the cost of new links on the mayoral chain.
The council needs £600 to pay for 10 new links for the chain - which will include one for last year's mayor Cllr Bill Prime, and this year's mayor, Cllr Lynn Berry.
Town clerk Celia Walpole told members of the council's finance committee that links have always been purchased through donations.
At the moment, she said, there were a number of people interested in sponsoring a link.
You may also want to watch:
The mayoral chain originally cost £250 in the 1950s when it was for the use of the then chairman of the Royston Urban District Council.
n For details about becoming a sponsor, call the town council on 01763 245484.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 10 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy