New keep fit classes for teenagers
- Credit: Archant
TEENAGERS are being targeted in a new series of fitness classes.
Teen Fit is the brainchild of Royston Rugby Club’s under-16 coach David Ayliffe, who wants to encourage more youngsters to be physically active.
He said: “As a parent, we know that the habits formed in early life will have a direct impact on the choices our children will
make as adults. The sessions are designed for the kids to have fun.
“Knowledge is very important; with it the kids can make better informed decisions for themselves on what they eat and when they should be exercising. The sessions will be demanding but plenty of fun.”
You may also want to watch:
Participants in the programme, which is part of the government’s Change 4 Life scheme
The sessions are open to boys and girls aged 14-16, and take place at the Heath Sports Club on Mondays and Wednesdays, 5pm-6pm. Call 01763 241061 or 07775 507590 for details.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 5 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 8 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences
- 9 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 10 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'