New keep fit classes for teenagers
- Credit: Archant
TEENAGERS are being targeted in a new series of fitness classes.
Teen Fit is the brainchild of Royston Rugby Club’s under-16 coach David Ayliffe, who wants to encourage more youngsters to be physically active.
He said: “As a parent, we know that the habits formed in early life will have a direct impact on the choices our children will
make as adults. The sessions are designed for the kids to have fun.
“Knowledge is very important; with it the kids can make better informed decisions for themselves on what they eat and when they should be exercising. The sessions will be demanding but plenty of fun.”
You may also want to watch:
Participants in the programme, which is part of the government’s Change 4 Life scheme
The sessions are open to boys and girls aged 14-16, and take place at the Heath Sports Club on Mondays and Wednesdays, 5pm-6pm. Call 01763 241061 or 07775 507590 for details.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 7 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm