New keep fit classes for teenagers
- Credit: Archant
TEENAGERS are being targeted in a new series of fitness classes.
Teen Fit is the brainchild of Royston Rugby Club’s under-16 coach David Ayliffe, who wants to encourage more youngsters to be physically active.
He said: “As a parent, we know that the habits formed in early life will have a direct impact on the choices our children will
make as adults. The sessions are designed for the kids to have fun.
“Knowledge is very important; with it the kids can make better informed decisions for themselves on what they eat and when they should be exercising. The sessions will be demanding but plenty of fun.”
You may also want to watch:
Participants in the programme, which is part of the government’s Change 4 Life scheme
The sessions are open to boys and girls aged 14-16, and take place at the Heath Sports Club on Mondays and Wednesdays, 5pm-6pm. Call 01763 241061 or 07775 507590 for details.
- 1 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 2 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 7 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 8 Tribute to beloved mum, friend and artist Debbie Horabin
- 9 Political row over South Cambs new town proposal
- 10 Thief pleads guilty to assaulting two people