New keep fit classes for teenagers
- Credit: Archant
TEENAGERS are being targeted in a new series of fitness classes.
Teen Fit is the brainchild of Royston Rugby Club’s under-16 coach David Ayliffe, who wants to encourage more youngsters to be physically active.
He said: “As a parent, we know that the habits formed in early life will have a direct impact on the choices our children will
make as adults. The sessions are designed for the kids to have fun.
“Knowledge is very important; with it the kids can make better informed decisions for themselves on what they eat and when they should be exercising. The sessions will be demanding but plenty of fun.”
You may also want to watch:
Participants in the programme, which is part of the government’s Change 4 Life scheme
The sessions are open to boys and girls aged 14-16, and take place at the Heath Sports Club on Mondays and Wednesdays, 5pm-6pm. Call 01763 241061 or 07775 507590 for details.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 4 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 5 College chapel goes green to raise awareness of rare condition
- 6 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 7 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 8 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 10 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre