New Home-Start volunteers to support families in Royston and South Cambs
- Credit: Archant
Families in Royston and South Cambs are set to receive support from eight new Home-Start volunteers who have completed 30 hours of training.
The area’s branch provides a unique home visiting service delivering crucial support for families with young children who are at personal crisis point, poentially experiencing post-natal depression, isolation, illness, disability, breavement and domestic abuse.
Senior co-ordinator Sarah Mascall said: “We are delighted to have eight new volunteers who have completed the preparation course and are now ready to start supporting families.
“Home-Start and the families that we work with benefit hugely from the time, skills and commitment that our volunteers give.
“We are immensely grateful to our new group of volunteers, along with those already attached to Home-Start Royston and South Cambs.
You may also want to watch:
“Without their ongoing, tireless support we wouldn’t be able to provide such an important service in our local community.”
To find out more about Home-Start call 01763 262262, email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.hsrsc.org.uk.
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 4 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 5 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 6 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 7 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 8 Robot assists with cancer operations at Lister Hospital
- 9 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements
- 10 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire