New Home-Start volunteers to support families in Royston and South Cambs
- Credit: Archant
Families in Royston and South Cambs are set to receive support from eight new Home-Start volunteers who have completed 30 hours of training.
The area’s branch provides a unique home visiting service delivering crucial support for families with young children who are at personal crisis point, poentially experiencing post-natal depression, isolation, illness, disability, breavement and domestic abuse.
Senior co-ordinator Sarah Mascall said: “We are delighted to have eight new volunteers who have completed the preparation course and are now ready to start supporting families.
“Home-Start and the families that we work with benefit hugely from the time, skills and commitment that our volunteers give.
“We are immensely grateful to our new group of volunteers, along with those already attached to Home-Start Royston and South Cambs.
You may also want to watch:
“Without their ongoing, tireless support we wouldn’t be able to provide such an important service in our local community.”
To find out more about Home-Start call 01763 262262, email email@example.com or go to www.hsrsc.org.uk.
- 1 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 4 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 5 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 6 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 7 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 10 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford