New Home-Start volunteers to support families in Royston and South Cambs
- Credit: Archant
Families in Royston and South Cambs are set to receive support from eight new Home-Start volunteers who have completed 30 hours of training.
The area’s branch provides a unique home visiting service delivering crucial support for families with young children who are at personal crisis point, poentially experiencing post-natal depression, isolation, illness, disability, breavement and domestic abuse.
Senior co-ordinator Sarah Mascall said: “We are delighted to have eight new volunteers who have completed the preparation course and are now ready to start supporting families.
“Home-Start and the families that we work with benefit hugely from the time, skills and commitment that our volunteers give.
“We are immensely grateful to our new group of volunteers, along with those already attached to Home-Start Royston and South Cambs.
You may also want to watch:
“Without their ongoing, tireless support we wouldn’t be able to provide such an important service in our local community.”
To find out more about Home-Start call 01763 262262, email email@example.com or go to www.hsrsc.org.uk.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm