New cop on the beat in Royston
A NEW officer has joined the Royston Neighbourhood Policing Team. Pc Mark Ellwood will be Neighbourhood Policing Officer for the Heath Ward after moving over from the Royston intervention team, where he has been working for a year and a half. He said:
A NEW officer has joined the Royston Neighbourhood Policing Team.
Pc Mark Ellwood will be Neighbourhood Policing Officer for the Heath Ward after moving over from the Royston intervention team, where he has been working for a year and a half.
He said: "I've enjoyed the time I've spent in Royston already and I am pleased to be working on the Neighbourhood Team.
"I know the area extremely well and I am keen to spend time working with communities to find out what issues concern them so that we can work together with other agencies to solve them and further improve the quality of life for members of the public," he added.
You may also want to watch:
Prior to coming to Hertfordshire, Pc Ellwood served with the Metropolitan Police. He said he believes in the value of "high visibility patrols."
"Being seen in the community and meeting people is very important to me Local drop in sessions take place regularly where you can meet officers. You don't need to make an appointment so please do come and visit us," he said.
- 1 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 2 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 3 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 4 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 5 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 6 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 7 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 8 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 9 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 10 What can open on April 12 when lockdown rules ease?
To find out where your local drop in sessions are taking place visit the Safer Neighbourhood pages of www.herts.police.uk.