New commissioning pair for Royston District Scouts
- Credit: Archant
A new district commissioner and deputy commissioner have taken up their roles and say they are looking forward to a period of growth.
Geoff Kavanagh and Carole Rhind have taken the roles for Royston Scouts.
Formerly the group scout leader at the 7th Royston troop, Mr Kavanagh has been involved in scouting for most of his life. Mrs Rhind is a former assistant district commissioner of Beaver Scouts, and has run her own cub pack.
Mr Kavanagh said: “We look forward to a period of scouting growth by establishing more scout groups and recruiting adults to run them.
“We want to offer more scouting adventures in all sections, including an adventure camp in Scotland in 2017 at an old Caledonian railway station.”
You may also want to watch:
The pair took up their appointments at Royston District Scouts’ annual meeting.
- 1 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 2 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 3 Missing teen found safe and well
- 4 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 5 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 6 Party leaders respond to election result in North Herts
- 7 Richard Roberts set to become leader of Herts County Council
- 8 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 9 County council elections round-up for North Herts
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'