New commissioning pair for Royston District Scouts
- Credit: Archant
A new district commissioner and deputy commissioner have taken up their roles and say they are looking forward to a period of growth.
Geoff Kavanagh and Carole Rhind have taken the roles for Royston Scouts.
Formerly the group scout leader at the 7th Royston troop, Mr Kavanagh has been involved in scouting for most of his life. Mrs Rhind is a former assistant district commissioner of Beaver Scouts, and has run her own cub pack.
Mr Kavanagh said: “We look forward to a period of scouting growth by establishing more scout groups and recruiting adults to run them.
“We want to offer more scouting adventures in all sections, including an adventure camp in Scotland in 2017 at an old Caledonian railway station.”
You may also want to watch:
The pair took up their appointments at Royston District Scouts’ annual meeting.
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 3 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 4 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 5 The bells are back in town!
- 6 Warning as more residents targeted by scam police calls
- 7 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 8 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn