New commissioning pair for Royston District Scouts
- Credit: Archant
A new district commissioner and deputy commissioner have taken up their roles and say they are looking forward to a period of growth.
Geoff Kavanagh and Carole Rhind have taken the roles for Royston Scouts.
Formerly the group scout leader at the 7th Royston troop, Mr Kavanagh has been involved in scouting for most of his life. Mrs Rhind is a former assistant district commissioner of Beaver Scouts, and has run her own cub pack.
Mr Kavanagh said: “We look forward to a period of scouting growth by establishing more scout groups and recruiting adults to run them.
“We want to offer more scouting adventures in all sections, including an adventure camp in Scotland in 2017 at an old Caledonian railway station.”
You may also want to watch:
The pair took up their appointments at Royston District Scouts’ annual meeting.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange