New commissioning pair for Royston District Scouts
- Credit: Archant
A new district commissioner and deputy commissioner have taken up their roles and say they are looking forward to a period of growth.
Geoff Kavanagh and Carole Rhind have taken the roles for Royston Scouts.
Formerly the group scout leader at the 7th Royston troop, Mr Kavanagh has been involved in scouting for most of his life. Mrs Rhind is a former assistant district commissioner of Beaver Scouts, and has run her own cub pack.
Mr Kavanagh said: “We look forward to a period of scouting growth by establishing more scout groups and recruiting adults to run them.
“We want to offer more scouting adventures in all sections, including an adventure camp in Scotland in 2017 at an old Caledonian railway station.”
You may also want to watch:
The pair took up their appointments at Royston District Scouts’ annual meeting.
- 1 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 5 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 8 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show