New collection point for swine flu medication
A NEW antiviral collection point is opening in Hertfordshire to help combat swine flu. Medication will be made available at Castle Hall in Hertford from tomorrow (Thursday July 30) after more than 2,000 people collected drugs from the existing antiviral c
A NEW antiviral collection point is opening in Hertfordshire to help combat swine flu.
Medication will be made available at Castle Hall in Hertford from tomorrow (Thursday July 30) after more than 2,000 people collected drugs from the existing antiviral collection points (ACPs) which opened last week in Watford and Welwyn Garden City.
Dr Jane Halpin, director of public health at NHS Hertfordshire, said: "The location of our first two ACPs in Welwyn Garden City and Watford has been based on our analysis of where the demand is and how we can make the best use of NHS resources.
"Following an assessment of the situation over the weekend, we will be opening a new collection point in Hertford later this week. As the number of Hertfordshire residents with swine flu symptoms increases over the coming weeks and months, we will monitor demand and open other ACPs around the county or change their opening hours as needed," she said.
You may also want to watch:
More information on swine flu, it's symptoms, and the appropriate treatment can be found at http://www.pandemicflu.direct.gov.uk/
- 1 New boxing and Muay Thai classes aim to help boost post-lockdown mood
- 2 No business like shire business for Cambridge college
- 3 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 4 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 5 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 6 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 7 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 8 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition
- 9 Teens aged 16-17 years old will be allowed vaccine before new school term
- 10 New care home for Royston unanimously approved