New centre will be child’s play
ROYSTON’S new “one-stop shop” for family services opens tomorrow (Friday).
The Sure Start Children’s Centre will be based at Roman Way School, Burns Road.
It will offer health services, support, and play sessions, as well as other advice and information, for families in the town and surrounding villages.
Children’s centre manager Mandy Dockery said: “The centre has been designed with the needs of local children and families in mind. We already have 150 registered families, with new families attending each week.
“We currently offer families stay and play sessions, breast feeding guidance drop-in, Job Centre Plus, and a range of parenting courses.
“We also have a full and varied summer programme of activities for all the family which will be free of charge.”
Cllr Jane Pitman, lead member for children’s services at Hertfordshire County Counci, said: “I am delighted to hear the good news that families in Royston are now able to enjoy the wide range of services that will be on offer.
- 1 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 2 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 3 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 4 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 5 Strictly for Charity fundraising event gets people's toes tapping for Home-Start
- 6 Royston children encouraged to write to the Queen
- 7 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 8 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 9 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 10 Extra trains to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Betfred Challenge Cup final
“The opening of local children’s centres across Hertfordshire is an exciting programme.
“It is so important that parents and carers have a real influence over how their centre develops in the coming years.
“I wish the Royston and Villages Children’s Centre all the success for the future.”