New centre will be child’s play
ROYSTON’S new “one-stop shop” for family services opens tomorrow (Friday).
The Sure Start Children’s Centre will be based at Roman Way School, Burns Road.
It will offer health services, support, and play sessions, as well as other advice and information, for families in the town and surrounding villages.
Children’s centre manager Mandy Dockery said: “The centre has been designed with the needs of local children and families in mind. We already have 150 registered families, with new families attending each week.
“We currently offer families stay and play sessions, breast feeding guidance drop-in, Job Centre Plus, and a range of parenting courses.
You may also want to watch:
“We also have a full and varied summer programme of activities for all the family which will be free of charge.”
Cllr Jane Pitman, lead member for children’s services at Hertfordshire County Counci, said: “I am delighted to hear the good news that families in Royston are now able to enjoy the wide range of services that will be on offer.
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 3 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 4 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 5 Parents struggling with homeschooling to get boost from book donors
- 6 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 7 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 8 Ambulance boss steps down after battling 'severe coronavirus'
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Wildlife photographer's lockdown calendar raises money for those in need
“The opening of local children’s centres across Hertfordshire is an exciting programme.
“It is so important that parents and carers have a real influence over how their centre develops in the coming years.
“I wish the Royston and Villages Children’s Centre all the success for the future.”