New car parking spaces at station
OVER 200 new parking spaces have been created at Royston station. Customers at the station will benefit from an additional 205 spaces following an expansion project. Belen Martinez, Projects Director at train operator First Capital Connect said: We ar
OVER 200 new parking spaces have been created at Royston station.
Customers at the station will benefit from an additional 205 spaces following an expansion project.
Belen Martinez, Projects Director at train operator First Capital Connect said: "We are delighted to open the car park expansion which will provide much needed extra capacity at Royston.
"A new timetable, offering extra seats has recently been introduced, and the car park will support the additional services from the station both now and in the future."
You may also want to watch:
The new car park significantly increases the amount of space available and provides CCTV coverage that is linked to a manned control centre, together with help points and solar powered paystations.
Further bike parking facilities will be added close to platform 2, adding to existing storage on platform 1.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 5 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
A spokesman for First Capital Connect added: "A new timetable started in May that has seen 12-carriage trains call at Royston for the first time. The car park will support the growth in services at the station.