New book just magic for author Angela
AUTHOR Angela Patchett could well be the next sensation in children s fiction. Copies of her first book, Angela Angel and the Magic Chair, have been flying off the shelves as eager young readers flock to enjoy the adventures of a special little girl whis
AUTHOR Angela Patchett could well be the next sensation in children's fiction.
Copies of her first book, Angela Angel and the Magic Chair, have been flying off the shelves as eager young readers flock to enjoy the adventures of a special little girl whisked away on an adventure by her Nana's magical talking chair.
Along for the ride are Angela's favourite teddy bears, and the Electric Toothbrush Fairy.
It all adds up to a book in the great tradition of English children's literature.
You may also want to watch:
The hard part for Angela, from Ashwell, was not coming up with the ideas behind the book, but getting it published.
"My family are thrilled that it's been released at last," she said.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 6 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 7 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 8 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
- 9 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 10 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
"It's been a long hard slog just getting from signing to holding the finished work in my hand."
Angela and the Magic Chair is available from bookstores.