New bins set to help recycling
BINS for recycling plastic bottles were being installed in Royston yesterday. Five sites have been included in a network which is being introduced to help residents increase recycling. One plastic recycling plastic bottles bin is currently in existence
BINS for recycling plastic bottles were being installed in Royston yesterday.
Five sites have been included in a network which is being introduced to help residents increase recycling.
One plastic recycling plastic bottles bin is currently in existence at the Tesco superstore in Old North Road, Royston.
The new sites will be at car parks at the Coombes Community Centre, Burns Road, Royston; the Somerfield supermarket car park in Baldock Street; the Royston Town Hall car park; The Warren car park at the Heath Sports Centre.
You may also want to watch:
The recycling banks can take all plastic bottles whether use in the past has been for drinks, milk or cleaning products. They should, however, be squashed to save space and rinsed out.
A plastic bottle recycling bank will also be situated in Barley.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Cllr Lynda Needham, the district council's portfolio holder for waste and recycling, said: "We know our residents want to recycle more to protect the environment and this is a vital part of the council's strategy to help them do that."
She said that further plastic bottle recycling banks will be introduced in the future at other sites.