New bins set to help recycling
BINS for recycling plastic bottles were being installed in Royston yesterday. Five sites have been included in a network which is being introduced to help residents increase recycling. One plastic recycling plastic bottles bin is currently in existence
BINS for recycling plastic bottles were being installed in Royston yesterday.
Five sites have been included in a network which is being introduced to help residents increase recycling.
One plastic recycling plastic bottles bin is currently in existence at the Tesco superstore in Old North Road, Royston.
The new sites will be at car parks at the Coombes Community Centre, Burns Road, Royston; the Somerfield supermarket car park in Baldock Street; the Royston Town Hall car park; The Warren car park at the Heath Sports Centre.
The recycling banks can take all plastic bottles whether use in the past has been for drinks, milk or cleaning products. They should, however, be squashed to save space and rinsed out.
A plastic bottle recycling bank will also be situated in Barley.
- 1 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 4 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 5 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 6 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 7 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 8 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 9 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
Cllr Lynda Needham, the district council's portfolio holder for waste and recycling, said: "We know our residents want to recycle more to protect the environment and this is a vital part of the council's strategy to help them do that."
She said that further plastic bottle recycling banks will be introduced in the future at other sites.