New afternoon session could be a big deal for bridge players in Royston
- Credit: Archant
Keen card-players in Royston are aiming to bridge a gap in the new year by introducing a second session for fans of their favourite pursuit.
Royston Bridge Club vice-chairman John Crosher says the new daytime date will be held for the first time next Tuesday, January 13. After that it will be scheduled once a fortnight, with duplicate bridge on the table from 2.30pm to around 5.30pm.
He said: “Doors will open at 2pm at our normal venue of the Market Hill Rooms in Fish Hill.
“New members are welcome, and you can try us out as a guest for three sessions without joining the club.
“Our normal duplicate sessions every Thursday evening at 7pm are unaffected and will continue. Players are welcome to attend either or both of the sessions.”
Annual membership is £5, and a charge is made of £2.50 (£3 for guests) for each session played, which includes refreshments of coffee/tea and biscuits.
Duplicate bridge is for players who know the game to a fair standard. Complete beginners or improvers are welcome, but they will need some initial training, which is available through the club, before they can hold their own.
- 1 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 2 Councillors take the plunge to raise money for Home-Start
- 3 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 6 Sex offender Macaulay Brown jailed for over 11 years
- 7 Garden centre to host royal treat for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 Dallas legend Patrick Duffy set for mystery thriller coming to Cambridge stage
- 9 Last veterans of the 6th Airborne Division honoured in poignant IWM Duxford exhibition
- 10 Children invited to take part in town trail for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
Find out more at www.bridgewebs.com/roystonherts or call 01763 260746,