New afternoon session could be a big deal for bridge players in Royston
- Credit: Archant
Keen card-players in Royston are aiming to bridge a gap in the new year by introducing a second session for fans of their favourite pursuit.
Royston Bridge Club vice-chairman John Crosher says the new daytime date will be held for the first time next Tuesday, January 13. After that it will be scheduled once a fortnight, with duplicate bridge on the table from 2.30pm to around 5.30pm.
He said: “Doors will open at 2pm at our normal venue of the Market Hill Rooms in Fish Hill.
“New members are welcome, and you can try us out as a guest for three sessions without joining the club.
“Our normal duplicate sessions every Thursday evening at 7pm are unaffected and will continue. Players are welcome to attend either or both of the sessions.”
You may also want to watch:
Annual membership is £5, and a charge is made of £2.50 (£3 for guests) for each session played, which includes refreshments of coffee/tea and biscuits.
Duplicate bridge is for players who know the game to a fair standard. Complete beginners or improvers are welcome, but they will need some initial training, which is available through the club, before they can hold their own.
- 1 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 2 Royston photographer wins abstract picture competition
- 3 Experts to discuss mental health at new online festival
- 4 South Cambs MP launches new forum to champion local life sciences
- 5 Councillors gagged by threat of 'personal litigation' ahead of farmgate debate
- 6 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 7 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 8 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 9 COVID-19: Literary festival event to mark anniversary of first lockdown
- 10 'Utterly extraordinary' says Lib Dem leader of disgraced deputy leader's criticisms
Find out more at www.bridgewebs.com/roystonherts or call 01763 260746,