New afternoon session could be a big deal for bridge players in Royston
- Credit: Archant
Keen card-players in Royston are aiming to bridge a gap in the new year by introducing a second session for fans of their favourite pursuit.
Royston Bridge Club vice-chairman John Crosher says the new daytime date will be held for the first time next Tuesday, January 13. After that it will be scheduled once a fortnight, with duplicate bridge on the table from 2.30pm to around 5.30pm.
He said: “Doors will open at 2pm at our normal venue of the Market Hill Rooms in Fish Hill.
“New members are welcome, and you can try us out as a guest for three sessions without joining the club.
“Our normal duplicate sessions every Thursday evening at 7pm are unaffected and will continue. Players are welcome to attend either or both of the sessions.”
You may also want to watch:
Annual membership is £5, and a charge is made of £2.50 (£3 for guests) for each session played, which includes refreshments of coffee/tea and biscuits.
Duplicate bridge is for players who know the game to a fair standard. Complete beginners or improvers are welcome, but they will need some initial training, which is available through the club, before they can hold their own.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 7 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
Find out more at www.bridgewebs.com/roystonherts or call 01763 260746,