Dog trainer's YouTube channel hits 10,000 subscribers
- Credit: Courtesy of Naturally Happy Dogs
The Royston owners of an online dog training business who started a YouTube channel in the first lockdown have reached 10,000 subscribers.
Sally and Kevin Marchant, from Gage Close, hit the milestone on their YouTube page – Naturally Happy Dogs.
The couple have been running the dog training video website as a paid subscription service since 2010, featuring expert advice on canine companions, but when the coronavirus crisis hit they had to think outside the box.
Taking a leap of faith, they changed their business model and started transferring their catalogue of videos over to their YouTube channel for people to watch free of charge.
Dog trainer Sally completed a degree in applied animal behaviour and training with first class honours in 2006 and since then has worked at Wood Green, The Animals Charity - which has a shelter in Heydon - and the Blue Cross. She has also had a number of roles with animals in the entertainment industry and supplies dogs for film and TV work when she is not filming or editing video content.
She used the first lockdown in March last year to prepare and upload the dog training videos to YouTube, which have since been viewed across the globe.
She said: “I’m very excited to reach this milestone, and I love the fact that our content is reaching dog owners all around the world.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 4 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 5 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 6 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 7 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 8 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 9 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 10 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge
"With the recent surge in dog ownership during the COVID lockdown, we have had many comments about how invaluable our content is for pet owners. Our video about ‘how to stop puppy biting’ has been particularly popular!”
Naturally Happy Dogs currently has more than 200 videos on their channel and they are working through another 300 to be uploaded to the platform.
If you would like to see a specific video, just message them through their contact page and they will upload requested videos.
To watch the videos on everything to do with dogs – training, behaviour, health and much more, visit the website https://www.youtube.com/naturallyhappydogs and subscribe, for free, to be notified when new videos are added.
On their website, you can find contributions from experts in the field - including TV's Supervet Noel Fitzpatrick. See https://naturallyhappydogs.com for more.