Dog trainer's YouTube channel hits 10,000 subscribers
- Credit: Courtesy of Naturally Happy Dogs
The Royston owners of an online dog training business who started a YouTube channel in the first lockdown have reached 10,000 subscribers.
Sally and Kevin Marchant, from Gage Close, hit the milestone on their YouTube page – Naturally Happy Dogs.
The couple have been running the dog training video website as a paid subscription service since 2010, featuring expert advice on canine companions, but when the coronavirus crisis hit they had to think outside the box.
Taking a leap of faith, they changed their business model and started transferring their catalogue of videos over to their YouTube channel for people to watch free of charge.
Dog trainer Sally completed a degree in applied animal behaviour and training with first class honours in 2006 and since then has worked at Wood Green, The Animals Charity - which has a shelter in Heydon - and the Blue Cross. She has also had a number of roles with animals in the entertainment industry and supplies dogs for film and TV work when she is not filming or editing video content.
You may also want to watch:
She used the first lockdown in March last year to prepare and upload the dog training videos to YouTube, which have since been viewed across the globe.
She said: “I’m very excited to reach this milestone, and I love the fact that our content is reaching dog owners all around the world.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
"With the recent surge in dog ownership during the COVID lockdown, we have had many comments about how invaluable our content is for pet owners. Our video about ‘how to stop puppy biting’ has been particularly popular!”
Naturally Happy Dogs currently has more than 200 videos on their channel and they are working through another 300 to be uploaded to the platform.
If you would like to see a specific video, just message them through their contact page and they will upload requested videos.
To watch the videos on everything to do with dogs – training, behaviour, health and much more, visit the website https://www.youtube.com/naturallyhappydogs and subscribe, for free, to be notified when new videos are added.
On their website, you can find contributions from experts in the field - including TV's Supervet Noel Fitzpatrick. See https://naturallyhappydogs.com for more.