National nod for Shepreth Wildlife Park
A WILDLIFE park has been voted as the public’s favourite attraction at a green tourism awards ceremony.
Shepreth Wildlife Park won the People’s Choice Award in the Green Tourism Business Scheme Awards at a soiree in Edinburgh last Friday.
The park was also a finalist in the Visitor Attraction category.
Rebecca Willers, curator of Shepreth Wildlife Park, said: “We are all simply so excited to have won this award.
“Our staffing team, volunteers and Shepreth Wildlife Conservation Charity trustees all work so hard in the name of conservation and education and so we are elated that their efforts have been recognised through this award.
You may also want to watch:
“But most of all we would like to thank the general public for voting for us, without our wonderful supporters we would not be able to continue with our good work.”
A total of 52 green tourism businesses were shortlisted for the final this year, out of over 2,400 possible contenders.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 4 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 5 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 8 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 9 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 10 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
Shepreth Wildlife Park will be hosting Shepreth Wildlife Conservation Charity fundraising events next week, to celebrate the British and Irish Association of Zoos and Aquariums Love Your Zoo Week campaign.
All funds raised will be going to the European Association of Zoos and Aquaria’s south-east Asia campaign and the Shepreth Hedgehog Hospital Appeal.