National nod for Shepreth Wildlife Park
A WILDLIFE park has been voted as the public’s favourite attraction at a green tourism awards ceremony.
Shepreth Wildlife Park won the People’s Choice Award in the Green Tourism Business Scheme Awards at a soiree in Edinburgh last Friday.
The park was also a finalist in the Visitor Attraction category.
Rebecca Willers, curator of Shepreth Wildlife Park, said: “We are all simply so excited to have won this award.
“Our staffing team, volunteers and Shepreth Wildlife Conservation Charity trustees all work so hard in the name of conservation and education and so we are elated that their efforts have been recognised through this award.
You may also want to watch:
“But most of all we would like to thank the general public for voting for us, without our wonderful supporters we would not be able to continue with our good work.”
A total of 52 green tourism businesses were shortlisted for the final this year, out of over 2,400 possible contenders.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 10 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
Shepreth Wildlife Park will be hosting Shepreth Wildlife Conservation Charity fundraising events next week, to celebrate the British and Irish Association of Zoos and Aquariums Love Your Zoo Week campaign.
All funds raised will be going to the European Association of Zoos and Aquaria’s south-east Asia campaign and the Shepreth Hedgehog Hospital Appeal.