Name given to proposed housing group
THE CONTROVERSIAL proposed new council housing association for South Cambridgeshire has been given a name. The scheme will be known as South Cambridgeshire Village Homes. Cllr Simon Edwards, portfolio holder for housing at South Cambridgeshire Distri
THE CONTROVERSIAL proposed new council housing association for South Cambridgeshire has been given a name.
The scheme will be known as South Cambridgeshire Village Homes.
Cllr Simon Edwards, portfolio holder for housing at South Cambridgeshire District Council, said: "Establishing a name for the proposed new local housing association is an important step in the process of developing what the association might look like for tenants."
Tenants in South Cambridgeshire are currently being asked to consider the possibility of transferring the ownership and management of council homes to the association.
You may also want to watch:
A shadow board has been established to set up the new association, should tenants vote in favour of transfer. The five tenant and five council nominees on the shadow board have agreed on the name.
Chair of the shadow board, tenant Jim Watson, said: "We felt this name recognises the nature of our homes and how we live in South Cambridgeshire.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
"We are part of a unique district, made up of villages with different identities, and we wanted the name of our new local housing association to reflect that."
The proposed housing transfer has already caused much controversy, and councillors and residents opposed to the transfer have set up a group - South Cambs Against Transfer (SCAT) - to try and block the plans.