Melbourn Village College’s warning after ‘attempted child abduction’
- Credit: Archant
Melbourn Village College has issued a safety warning after a van driver asked a pupil to get into his car in Harlton.
The notice to parents read: “A student from one of our schools in the trust was approached at a bus stop in Harlton by a man in a white van who asked them to get into the vehicle.
“The pupil did not do so and the van departed. The police are aware of this incident and are following it up as necessary.
“We will continue to remind pupils about appropriate safe behaviour on the way to and from school and would appreciate if you could also reinforce this message.
“Obviously, if you become aware of any similar incident to this taking place, please do ensure the police and the school are made aware of this.”
You may also want to watch:
The Crow has asked police for further details.
- 1 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 4 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 5 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 6 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 7 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 9 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash