Melbourn Village College’s warning after ‘attempted child abduction’
- Credit: Archant
Melbourn Village College has issued a safety warning after a van driver asked a pupil to get into his car in Harlton.
The notice to parents read: “A student from one of our schools in the trust was approached at a bus stop in Harlton by a man in a white van who asked them to get into the vehicle.
“The pupil did not do so and the van departed. The police are aware of this incident and are following it up as necessary.
“We will continue to remind pupils about appropriate safe behaviour on the way to and from school and would appreciate if you could also reinforce this message.
“Obviously, if you become aware of any similar incident to this taking place, please do ensure the police and the school are made aware of this.”
You may also want to watch:
The Crow has asked police for further details.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 5 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 8 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter