Melbourn Village College’s warning after ‘attempted child abduction’
- Credit: Archant
Melbourn Village College has issued a safety warning after a van driver asked a pupil to get into his car in Harlton.
The notice to parents read: “A student from one of our schools in the trust was approached at a bus stop in Harlton by a man in a white van who asked them to get into the vehicle.
“The pupil did not do so and the van departed. The police are aware of this incident and are following it up as necessary.
“We will continue to remind pupils about appropriate safe behaviour on the way to and from school and would appreciate if you could also reinforce this message.
“Obviously, if you become aware of any similar incident to this taking place, please do ensure the police and the school are made aware of this.”
You may also want to watch:
The Crow has asked police for further details.
- 1 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 4 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 5 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Missing teen found safe and well
- 8 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 9 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 10 All you need to know about Welney Wetland Centre reopening