Music festival set for heath
ROYSTON S first youth music festival takes place on Saturday. Event Horizon, which features a host of top local bands, will be held on Therfield Heath from noon-8pm. The festival was organised by the newly-formed Royston Youth Council. Youth Council secre
ROYSTON'S first youth music festival takes place on Saturday.
Event Horizon, which features a host of top local bands, will be held on Therfield Heath from noon-8pm.
The festival was organised by the newly-formed Royston Youth Council.
Youth Council secretary Beth Davies said: "The results of a survey carried out earlier in the year showed this was exactly the sort of event young people wanted to take place in Royston.
You may also want to watch:
"The youth council hopes that as many people as possible will be there to enjoy it."
The bands playing include The October Game, Spiked, Stanza, and Scar My Eyes.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 7 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 10 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
There will also be a number of rap acts and dance groups performing, while the Heath Sports Club is providing a barbecue and juice bar.
In addition to the music, there will be other attractions, such as bungee trampolines, and a climbing wall.
Event Horizon has been funded by the Youth Opportunity fund, after the youth council made a successful bid for funding earlier in the year.
For more information on the festival and the work of Royston Youth Council, visit the youth council website: www.myspace.com/lookryc