Murder police alerted after head found in field
ANOTHER body part has been found but Hertfordshire police say it is too early to say whether it is linked with other body parts found in Cottered and Wheathampstead. Police have confirmed that a head was found in a field close to a Leicestershire cemetery
ANOTHER body part has been found but Hertfordshire police say it is too early to say whether it is linked with other body parts found in Cottered and Wheathampstead.
Police have confirmed that a head was found in a field close to a Leicestershire cemetery. Officers have not released any further details.
It came a day after police 80 miles away in Hertfordshire said walkers had found what is thought to be part of an arm in Drovers Lane, Wheathampstead.
This find was linked to a leg found in nearby Cottered on March 22 and Herts police launched a murder hunt the following day.
You may also want to watch:
The area in Leicestershire has been cordoned off and police forensic teams and search dogs have been brought in.
A Hertfordshire police spokesman said they were talking with officers in Leicestershire about the recent find and are awaiting any DNA tests to be compared with those of the arm and leg.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 3 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 6 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 7 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 8 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation