Murder police alerted after head found in field
ANOTHER body part has been found but Hertfordshire police say it is too early to say whether it is linked with other body parts found in Cottered and Wheathampstead. Police have confirmed that a head was found in a field close to a Leicestershire cemetery
ANOTHER body part has been found but Hertfordshire police say it is too early to say whether it is linked with other body parts found in Cottered and Wheathampstead.
Police have confirmed that a head was found in a field close to a Leicestershire cemetery. Officers have not released any further details.
It came a day after police 80 miles away in Hertfordshire said walkers had found what is thought to be part of an arm in Drovers Lane, Wheathampstead.
This find was linked to a leg found in nearby Cottered on March 22 and Herts police launched a murder hunt the following day.
You may also want to watch:
The area in Leicestershire has been cordoned off and police forensic teams and search dogs have been brought in.
A Hertfordshire police spokesman said they were talking with officers in Leicestershire about the recent find and are awaiting any DNA tests to be compared with those of the arm and leg.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 7 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 8 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 9 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 10 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life