Much to consider at start of term
IT didn t seem like five minutes ago that youngsters were looking forward to their summer holidays – and now they are back at school. You should, therefore, bear in mind that your child will need a number of items. There is still time to kit your child ou
IT didn't seem like five minutes ago that youngsters were looking forward to their summer holidays - and now they are back at school.
You should, therefore, bear in mind that your child will need a number of items.
There is still time to kit your child out so they can start the autumn term afresh.
Equipment such as sportswear and uniform is essential, especially if they are starting a new school or have grown out of their old shirts, skirts and trousers.
You may also want to watch:
Shops in the area are on hand to help and try to give value for money with high quality products which are designed to survive the punishment your child can give them.
However, material items are not the only thing on parents' minds at the beginning of the school year.
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 4 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 5 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Missing teen found safe and well
- 8 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 9 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 10 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
Other concerns parents face include bullying, new teachers, and whether packed lunches or school dinners are the best option.