Much to consider at start of term
IT didn t seem like five minutes ago that youngsters were looking forward to their summer holidays – and now they are back at school. You should, therefore, bear in mind that your child will need a number of items. There is still time to kit your child ou
IT didn't seem like five minutes ago that youngsters were looking forward to their summer holidays - and now they are back at school.
You should, therefore, bear in mind that your child will need a number of items.
There is still time to kit your child out so they can start the autumn term afresh.
Equipment such as sportswear and uniform is essential, especially if they are starting a new school or have grown out of their old shirts, skirts and trousers.
Shops in the area are on hand to help and try to give value for money with high quality products which are designed to survive the punishment your child can give them.
However, material items are not the only thing on parents' minds at the beginning of the school year.
- 1 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 4 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 5 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 6 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 7 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 8 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
- 9 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 10 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
Other concerns parents face include bullying, new teachers, and whether packed lunches or school dinners are the best option.