MPs' expenses: Oliver Heald
NORTH East Herts MP Oliver Heald claimed �156,594 in expenses in the year 2007-08, of which �22,979 was second home allowance. In a two-month period, Mr Heald claimed �32.80 for pens and �96.30 for a select band of newspapers which included the Daily Tele
NORTH East Herts MP Oliver Heald claimed �156,594 in expenses in the year 2007-08, of which �22,979 was second home allowance.
In a two-month period, Mr Heald claimed �32.80 for pens and �96.30 for a select band of newspapers which included the Daily Telegraph, Sunday Telegraph and Crow sister paper The Comet for which he claimed 75p a week.
There were regular bills for office and mobile phone and bottled water.
A hole punch for his office cost taxpayers �7.99.
You may also want to watch:
A replacement kitchen blind cost �58, a replacement defective valve in the WC and other works in the bathroom of his second home cost �678.
In one month, he claimed �72 for household supplies including loo rolls, detergent, J Cloths and kitchen rolls.
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 9 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 10 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
In October 2007 Mr Heald claimed �375 for food, and claimed the same amount for food the following month.
In February 2008 it amounted to �121. A breakdown of his other claims for that month included �863 for interest payments on his mortgage, �35 for utilities, �105.51 for council tax/rates, �128 for cleaning and �14.53 for water.
In a handwritten note to the parliamentary fees office, Mr Heald said: "As I mentioned on the phone, Everest are finally at the point of practical completion on the windows contract for the flat. Taking account of the deposit and additional payment of �1,500, the balance is �3,367.28."
For the year, he claimed the �7,485 which was paid to North East Herts Conservative Association for providing administrative services including �3,500 for estimated constituency surgery costs.