Cheers! North East Herts MP toasts Royston pub’s £220k revamp
- Credit: Archant
The MP for North East Herts has visited a newly revamped Royston pub to toast the success of its £220,000 revamp.
Sir Oliver Heald visited The Green Man in Market Hill and met with licensees Andy Murray and Kerry Howells, as well as Matt Cornwell of investing firm Star Pubs & Bars.
The MP said: "Good pubs not only play an important social role but are vital to the success and appeal of the county's town centres.
"It's great to see this scale of investment in a local pub - it takes The Green Man to another level and enhances the whole neighbourhood."
Andy, who grew up in Royston and has run the pub for the last six years, said: "The Green Man is part of Royston's history, we want to preserve it for future generations.
You may also want to watch:
"The revamp has given it a new lease of life and broadened its appeal. We've been overwhelmed by local residents' support and feedback and we're seeing lots of new faces."
- 1 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 2 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 3 County council elections round-up for North Herts
- 4 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 5 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 6 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 7 Party leaders respond to election result in North Herts
- 8 Conservative David Lloyd re-elected as Herts Police and Crime Commissioner
- 9 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing