MP urging football clubs to apply for grants
NORTH East Herts MP, Oliver Heald is calling on football clubs throughout North East Herts to apply for Football Foundation grants. The Football Foundation is the UK s largest sports charity and is funded by the Football Association, Premier League and th
NORTH East Herts MP, Oliver Heald is calling on football clubs throughout North East Herts to apply for Football Foundation grants.
The Football Foundation is the UK's largest sports charity and is funded by the Football Association, Premier League and the government.
The Foundation plays a key role in the development and revitalisation of grass roots sports and in recent years has invested in a number of parks, schools and playing fields. They have also issued grants for changing rooms, community projects, floodlights and pitch drainage.
Mr Heald said: "I am keen to publicise the grant schemes run by the Football Association as I know that sporting clubs are always on the lookout for financial support. I would encourage all clubs to look into these grants."
You may also want to watch:
Some of the schemes on offer include, the Junior Kit Scheme, Small Grants Scheme, Barclays Spaces for Sport Scheme and the Capital Projects Scheme.
- For more information visit www.footballfoundation.org.uk
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place