MP to open school's £1m extension
MP Oliver Heald will officially open Ashwell School s new £1million extension tomorrow (Friday) afternoon. Cliff Jenkinson, headteacher at the school, is looking forward to the event. He said: Our local communities are very fortunate that this wonderful
MP Oliver Heald will officially open Ashwell School's new £1million extension tomorrow (Friday) afternoon.
Cliff Jenkinson, headteacher at the school, is looking forward to the event.
He said: "Our local communities are very fortunate that this wonderful extension, long overdue, is now open to provide the very best facilities for the children of the area."
The four-classroom block has been funded by Herts County Council, and designed by architect Pino Bonsignore.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the school added: "The new block provides excellent new facilities which will be enjoyed by all our pupils.
"We're also very lucky to have a music room, which is a real rarity for a primary school."
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 6 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 7 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
The Henry Colbron Trust, a local charity, has funded the construction of the music room, and it will be officially opened by Christopher Keville, chairman of the Merchant Taylors' Company Charities committee.
The ceremony will end with the presentation of a cheque for £15,000 from Justin McCarthy, chairman of The Friends of Ashwell School.
The proceedings will be accompanied by fanfares played by the young musicians of Ashwell School.