MP to open school's £1m extension
MP Oliver Heald will officially open Ashwell School s new £1million extension tomorrow (Friday) afternoon. Cliff Jenkinson, headteacher at the school, is looking forward to the event. He said: Our local communities are very fortunate that this wonderful
MP Oliver Heald will officially open Ashwell School's new £1million extension tomorrow (Friday) afternoon.
Cliff Jenkinson, headteacher at the school, is looking forward to the event.
He said: "Our local communities are very fortunate that this wonderful extension, long overdue, is now open to provide the very best facilities for the children of the area."
The four-classroom block has been funded by Herts County Council, and designed by architect Pino Bonsignore.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the school added: "The new block provides excellent new facilities which will be enjoyed by all our pupils.
"We're also very lucky to have a music room, which is a real rarity for a primary school."
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 7 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 8 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Charlie and Stan slapstick homage riffs on the pair's clowning skills at Cambridge Arts Theatre
The Henry Colbron Trust, a local charity, has funded the construction of the music room, and it will be officially opened by Christopher Keville, chairman of the Merchant Taylors' Company Charities committee.
The ceremony will end with the presentation of a cheque for £15,000 from Justin McCarthy, chairman of The Friends of Ashwell School.
The proceedings will be accompanied by fanfares played by the young musicians of Ashwell School.