MP to open school's £1m extension
MP Oliver Heald will officially open Ashwell School s new £1million extension tomorrow (Friday) afternoon. Cliff Jenkinson, headteacher at the school, is looking forward to the event. He said: Our local communities are very fortunate that this wonderful
MP Oliver Heald will officially open Ashwell School's new £1million extension tomorrow (Friday) afternoon.
Cliff Jenkinson, headteacher at the school, is looking forward to the event.
He said: "Our local communities are very fortunate that this wonderful extension, long overdue, is now open to provide the very best facilities for the children of the area."
The four-classroom block has been funded by Herts County Council, and designed by architect Pino Bonsignore.
A spokesman for the school added: "The new block provides excellent new facilities which will be enjoyed by all our pupils.
"We're also very lucky to have a music room, which is a real rarity for a primary school."
- 1 Fowlmere residents voice objections to housing development
- 2 School to make 'wide-ranging changes' following Ofsted inspection
- 3 Kite Festival set to return to Royston next month
- 4 Tesco Community Garden to hold weekend celebration
- 5 Citizens Advice: What to do if you have issues with delayed or cancelled flights
- 6 Chancellor and health secretary dramatically quit
- 7 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 8 Health at the Hub project launched in Melbourn
- 9 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 10 How to check if your travel insurance covers airport strike delays
The Henry Colbron Trust, a local charity, has funded the construction of the music room, and it will be officially opened by Christopher Keville, chairman of the Merchant Taylors' Company Charities committee.
The ceremony will end with the presentation of a cheque for £15,000 from Justin McCarthy, chairman of The Friends of Ashwell School.
The proceedings will be accompanied by fanfares played by the young musicians of Ashwell School.