MP to open school's £1m extension
MP Oliver Heald will officially open Ashwell School s new £1million extension tomorrow (Friday) afternoon. Cliff Jenkinson, headteacher at the school, is looking forward to the event. He said: Our local communities are very fortunate that this wonderful
MP Oliver Heald will officially open Ashwell School's new £1million extension tomorrow (Friday) afternoon.
Cliff Jenkinson, headteacher at the school, is looking forward to the event.
He said: "Our local communities are very fortunate that this wonderful extension, long overdue, is now open to provide the very best facilities for the children of the area."
The four-classroom block has been funded by Herts County Council, and designed by architect Pino Bonsignore.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the school added: "The new block provides excellent new facilities which will be enjoyed by all our pupils.
"We're also very lucky to have a music room, which is a real rarity for a primary school."
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 3 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 10 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
The Henry Colbron Trust, a local charity, has funded the construction of the music room, and it will be officially opened by Christopher Keville, chairman of the Merchant Taylors' Company Charities committee.
The ceremony will end with the presentation of a cheque for £15,000 from Justin McCarthy, chairman of The Friends of Ashwell School.
The proceedings will be accompanied by fanfares played by the young musicians of Ashwell School.