MP Sir Oliver Heald makes Big Mac at Royston McDonald’s
- Credit: Archant
North East Herts MP Sir Oliver Heald made himself a Big Mac when he visited Royston’s McDonald’s to find out more about the business.
Sir Oliver visited the branch in Baldock Road on Friday to meet the franchisee Ismail Anilmis, and his team – and donned a cap and apron for the full experience of making the fast-food favourite.
Sir Oliver said: “I was pleased to meet Mr Anilmis and his team and to see how a McDonald’s restaurant operates.
“The Royston branch is one of the best-performing in the country and has proved very popular since it opened.
“I was glad to hear about the effort made by the staff to minimise litter around the site.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Anilmis began his career at McDonald’s more than 30 years ago and runs 10 restaurants.
He said: “We were thrilled to have this opportunity, and are very proud of the hard work we’ve been putting in to support our community and to ensure that we provide the best possible service every day to our customers.”
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 7 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 8 Herts libraries service could be transferred to public service mutual
- 9 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe