MP Sir Oliver Heald makes Big Mac at Royston McDonald’s
- Credit: Archant
North East Herts MP Sir Oliver Heald made himself a Big Mac when he visited Royston’s McDonald’s to find out more about the business.
Sir Oliver visited the branch in Baldock Road on Friday to meet the franchisee Ismail Anilmis, and his team – and donned a cap and apron for the full experience of making the fast-food favourite.
Sir Oliver said: “I was pleased to meet Mr Anilmis and his team and to see how a McDonald’s restaurant operates.
“The Royston branch is one of the best-performing in the country and has proved very popular since it opened.
“I was glad to hear about the effort made by the staff to minimise litter around the site.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Anilmis began his career at McDonald’s more than 30 years ago and runs 10 restaurants.
He said: “We were thrilled to have this opportunity, and are very proud of the hard work we’ve been putting in to support our community and to ensure that we provide the best possible service every day to our customers.”
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Covid jabs update: 'Bring us closer to freedom' plea
- 10 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire