MP's Expenses: Andrew Lansley
SOUTH Cambridgeshire MP Andrew Lansley claimed total expenses of �156,411 in 2007/08, of which �21,399 was second home allowance. The full extent of Mr Lansley s claims were revealed yesterday when all MP s expenses were published on the parliament websi
SOUTH Cambridgeshire MP Andrew Lansley claimed total expenses of �156,411 in 2007/08, of which �21,399 was second home allowance.
The full extent of Mr Lansley's claims were revealed yesterday when all MP's expenses were published on the parliament website.
Amongst other things, the South Cambridgeshire MP spent �383 of tax payers' money on a washing machine.
Mr Lansley caused controversy last month when national newspaper reports revealed he had changed his designated second home from a house in Melbourn to a flat in London, a process known as flipping. Before making the change, Mr Lansley claimed �4,000 for renovations to the Melbourn property, and months later sold it for �433,000.
He has since paid back �2,600 of the cash claimed.
- 1 Royston crews' tribute after 'incredible' fire dog's death
- 2 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 3 Metal detectorist, 13, explains how she discovered Bronze Age hoards near Royston
- 4 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 5 Royston museum under new management
- 6 IWM Duxford exhibition to display largest collection of Spitfires under one roof
- 7 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 8 Bronze Age hoards containing around 200 items found near Royston
- 9 Vandals trash Royston High Street litter bins
- 10 Foxton Granta the new boys on the Cambs & Hunts Premier League block after merger