MP's Expenses: Andrew Lansley
SOUTH Cambridgeshire MP Andrew Lansley claimed total expenses of �156,411 in 2007/08, of which �21,399 was second home allowance. The full extent of Mr Lansley s claims were revealed yesterday when all MP s expenses were published on the parliament websi
SOUTH Cambridgeshire MP Andrew Lansley claimed total expenses of �156,411 in 2007/08, of which �21,399 was second home allowance.
The full extent of Mr Lansley's claims were revealed yesterday when all MP's expenses were published on the parliament website.
Amongst other things, the South Cambridgeshire MP spent �383 of tax payers' money on a washing machine.
Mr Lansley caused controversy last month when national newspaper reports revealed he had changed his designated second home from a house in Melbourn to a flat in London, a process known as flipping. Before making the change, Mr Lansley claimed �4,000 for renovations to the Melbourn property, and months later sold it for �433,000.
You may also want to watch:
He has since paid back �2,600 of the cash claimed.
- 1 New boxing and Muay Thai classes aim to help boost post-lockdown mood
- 2 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 3 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 4 No business like shire business for Cambridge college
- 5 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 6 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 7 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 8 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 9 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition
- 10 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre