MP's Expenses: Andrew Lansley
SOUTH Cambridgeshire MP Andrew Lansley claimed total expenses of �156,411 in 2007/08, of which �21,399 was second home allowance. The full extent of Mr Lansley s claims were revealed yesterday when all MP s expenses were published on the parliament websi
SOUTH Cambridgeshire MP Andrew Lansley claimed total expenses of �156,411 in 2007/08, of which �21,399 was second home allowance.
The full extent of Mr Lansley's claims were revealed yesterday when all MP's expenses were published on the parliament website.
Amongst other things, the South Cambridgeshire MP spent �383 of tax payers' money on a washing machine.
Mr Lansley caused controversy last month when national newspaper reports revealed he had changed his designated second home from a house in Melbourn to a flat in London, a process known as flipping. Before making the change, Mr Lansley claimed �4,000 for renovations to the Melbourn property, and months later sold it for �433,000.
You may also want to watch:
He has since paid back �2,600 of the cash claimed.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 6 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 7 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 8 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 9 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 10 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation