MP's Expenses: Andrew Lansley
SOUTH Cambridgeshire MP Andrew Lansley claimed total expenses of �156,411 in 2007/08, of which �21,399 was second home allowance. The full extent of Mr Lansley s claims were revealed yesterday when all MP s expenses were published on the parliament websi
SOUTH Cambridgeshire MP Andrew Lansley claimed total expenses of �156,411 in 2007/08, of which �21,399 was second home allowance.
The full extent of Mr Lansley's claims were revealed yesterday when all MP's expenses were published on the parliament website.
Amongst other things, the South Cambridgeshire MP spent �383 of tax payers' money on a washing machine.
Mr Lansley caused controversy last month when national newspaper reports revealed he had changed his designated second home from a house in Melbourn to a flat in London, a process known as flipping. Before making the change, Mr Lansley claimed �4,000 for renovations to the Melbourn property, and months later sold it for �433,000.
You may also want to watch:
He has since paid back �2,600 of the cash claimed.
- 1 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 2 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 3 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 4 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 8 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 9 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 10 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences