MP Heidi Allen appeals for constituents’ views on public transport in South Cambs
- Credit: Archant
South Cambs MP Heidi Allen is appealing for constituents’ help in building a picture of public transport provision in the area.
The request follows contact by a number of constituents who have shared their stories of delays, cancellations and poor service throughout the autumn period on buses and trains.
It also coincides with the reduction by Stagecoach of the 26 bus service from Royston to Cambridge in effect from today.
“Since September I have received a stream of complaints about poor service and delays to bus and train services and so I want to establish if these incidents are one-off occurrences or part of a more widespread problem,” Mrs Allen said.
“I’d appreciate hearing from people who regularly use bus or rail services in South Cambs to help me to understand what issues service users experience on a regular basis.
Evidence of good and bad service will be put to the transport companies early in the new year. If there is a pattern of poor service, Mrs Allen will take this up with operators directly.
“My constituents rely on public transport to get them to their jobs, appointments, meetings and school or college amongst other things. We live in a semi-rural community and these transport links are vital for keeping people connected.”
- 1 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 4 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 5 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 6 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 7 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 8 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 9 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
She would like to hear from users of Stagecoach services as well as Whippet, and train operators Great Northern and Abellio, by Friday next week, January 13.
If you are a frequent traveller in South Cambs and would like to share your experiences, email email@example.com with the subject title ‘Public Transport Feedback’ or send a letter to Heidi Allen MP, House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA.