MP Heidi Allen appeals for constituents’ views on public transport in South Cambs
- Credit: Archant
South Cambs MP Heidi Allen is appealing for constituents’ help in building a picture of public transport provision in the area.
The request follows contact by a number of constituents who have shared their stories of delays, cancellations and poor service throughout the autumn period on buses and trains.
It also coincides with the reduction by Stagecoach of the 26 bus service from Royston to Cambridge in effect from today.
“Since September I have received a stream of complaints about poor service and delays to bus and train services and so I want to establish if these incidents are one-off occurrences or part of a more widespread problem,” Mrs Allen said.
“I’d appreciate hearing from people who regularly use bus or rail services in South Cambs to help me to understand what issues service users experience on a regular basis.
You may also want to watch:
Evidence of good and bad service will be put to the transport companies early in the new year. If there is a pattern of poor service, Mrs Allen will take this up with operators directly.
“My constituents rely on public transport to get them to their jobs, appointments, meetings and school or college amongst other things. We live in a semi-rural community and these transport links are vital for keeping people connected.”
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 4 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 5 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 8 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 9 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
She would like to hear from users of Stagecoach services as well as Whippet, and train operators Great Northern and Abellio, by Friday next week, January 13.
If you are a frequent traveller in South Cambs and would like to share your experiences, email email@example.com with the subject title ‘Public Transport Feedback’ or send a letter to Heidi Allen MP, House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA.