MP backs sports funding bid
SPORTS clubs and schools are being encouraged to bid for funding from the Football Foundation – the biggest sports charity in the UK. North East Herts MP Oliver Heald is backing the move, and described the chance as a wonderful opportunity for organisa
SPORTS clubs and schools are being encouraged to bid for funding from the Football Foundation - the biggest sports charity in the UK.
North East Herts MP Oliver Heald is backing the move, and described the chance as a "wonderful opportunity" for organisations in North East Herts.
Mr Heald said: "The Football Foundation is transforming the landscape of grass roots sport across the country."
Since its launch in July 2000, the Football Foundation has supported more than 3,350 projects that are worth approximately £490m.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Heald said: "The good news is if you have not already benefited, you have not missed your opportunity.
"With the Premier League, The Football Association, Sport England, and the Government each giving £15m every year, there is an annual budget of £45m available.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 8 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 9 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 10 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
"This can go towards building new changing rooms or all weather pitches, starting community schemes, or even providing new football strips and equipment for junior teams.
"I am urging all schools, sports and youth clubs, football teams and local authorities in the area to get on the website and take advantage of the unprecedented funding opportunity on offer."
- Interested clubs and schools should visit the Football Foundation website at: www.footballfoundation.org.uk