MP backs sports funding bid
SPORTS clubs and schools are being encouraged to bid for funding from the Football Foundation – the biggest sports charity in the UK. North East Herts MP Oliver Heald is backing the move, and described the chance as a wonderful opportunity for organisa
SPORTS clubs and schools are being encouraged to bid for funding from the Football Foundation - the biggest sports charity in the UK.
North East Herts MP Oliver Heald is backing the move, and described the chance as a "wonderful opportunity" for organisations in North East Herts.
Mr Heald said: "The Football Foundation is transforming the landscape of grass roots sport across the country."
Since its launch in July 2000, the Football Foundation has supported more than 3,350 projects that are worth approximately £490m.
Mr Heald said: "The good news is if you have not already benefited, you have not missed your opportunity.
"With the Premier League, The Football Association, Sport England, and the Government each giving £15m every year, there is an annual budget of £45m available.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 4 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 5 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 8 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 10 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
"This can go towards building new changing rooms or all weather pitches, starting community schemes, or even providing new football strips and equipment for junior teams.
"I am urging all schools, sports and youth clubs, football teams and local authorities in the area to get on the website and take advantage of the unprecedented funding opportunity on offer."
- Interested clubs and schools should visit the Football Foundation website at: www.footballfoundation.org.uk