MP backs sports funding bid
SPORTS clubs and schools are being encouraged to bid for funding from the Football Foundation – the biggest sports charity in the UK. North East Herts MP Oliver Heald is backing the move, and described the chance as a wonderful opportunity for organisa
SPORTS clubs and schools are being encouraged to bid for funding from the Football Foundation - the biggest sports charity in the UK.
North East Herts MP Oliver Heald is backing the move, and described the chance as a "wonderful opportunity" for organisations in North East Herts.
Mr Heald said: "The Football Foundation is transforming the landscape of grass roots sport across the country."
Since its launch in July 2000, the Football Foundation has supported more than 3,350 projects that are worth approximately £490m.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Heald said: "The good news is if you have not already benefited, you have not missed your opportunity.
"With the Premier League, The Football Association, Sport England, and the Government each giving £15m every year, there is an annual budget of £45m available.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
"This can go towards building new changing rooms or all weather pitches, starting community schemes, or even providing new football strips and equipment for junior teams.
"I am urging all schools, sports and youth clubs, football teams and local authorities in the area to get on the website and take advantage of the unprecedented funding opportunity on offer."
- Interested clubs and schools should visit the Football Foundation website at: www.footballfoundation.org.uk