Movie star Ewan McGregor visits Duxford
HOLLYWOOD star Ewan McGregor made a flying visit to the Imperial War Museum at Duxford last week. The Star Wars heart-throb chatted to staff at the museum, and enjoyed flights in a Fairchild Cornell PT19 and a P-51 Mustang. Mr McGregor has recently been f
HOLLYWOOD star Ewan McGregor made a flying visit to the Imperial War Museum at Duxford last week.
The Star Wars heart-throb chatted to staff at the museum, and enjoyed flights in a Fairchild Cornell PT19 and a P-51 Mustang.
Mr McGregor has recently been filming a movie about the life of aviator Amelia Earhart, which also stars Hilary Swank and Richard Gere. Amelia is due for release later this year.
The actor said: "Filming Amelia stoked my interest in historic planes and early flight. Last week, I flew in some of the most incredible machines from the Second World War which was a rare privilege."
You may also want to watch:
Visitors to the museum this coming weekend will get the chance to see another of the stars of Amelia - a Lockheed Electra aircraft named Hazy Lily, which was used during filming.
The plane will take to the air as part of the Flying Legends Show, which takes place on July 11 and 12.
- 1 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 2 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 3 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 4 Local Election 2021: Counting starts for North Herts council
- 5 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 8 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 9 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 10 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory