Movie star Ewan McGregor visits Duxford
HOLLYWOOD star Ewan McGregor made a flying visit to the Imperial War Museum at Duxford last week. The Star Wars heart-throb chatted to staff at the museum, and enjoyed flights in a Fairchild Cornell PT19 and a P-51 Mustang. Mr McGregor has recently been f
HOLLYWOOD star Ewan McGregor made a flying visit to the Imperial War Museum at Duxford last week.
The Star Wars heart-throb chatted to staff at the museum, and enjoyed flights in a Fairchild Cornell PT19 and a P-51 Mustang.
Mr McGregor has recently been filming a movie about the life of aviator Amelia Earhart, which also stars Hilary Swank and Richard Gere. Amelia is due for release later this year.
The actor said: "Filming Amelia stoked my interest in historic planes and early flight. Last week, I flew in some of the most incredible machines from the Second World War which was a rare privilege."
You may also want to watch:
Visitors to the museum this coming weekend will get the chance to see another of the stars of Amelia - a Lockheed Electra aircraft named Hazy Lily, which was used during filming.
The plane will take to the air as part of the Flying Legends Show, which takes place on July 11 and 12.
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 3 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 North Hertfordshire's inspirational volunteers recognised in awards
- 5 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 6 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 7 Council tax set to rise in South Cambs to help support frontline services
- 8 Have your say at virtual town meeting
- 9 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 10 Mental health support group encouraging you to #Walkandtalk