Movie star Ewan McGregor visits Duxford
HOLLYWOOD star Ewan McGregor made a flying visit to the Imperial War Museum at Duxford last week. The Star Wars heart-throb chatted to staff at the museum, and enjoyed flights in a Fairchild Cornell PT19 and a P-51 Mustang. Mr McGregor has recently been f
HOLLYWOOD star Ewan McGregor made a flying visit to the Imperial War Museum at Duxford last week.
The Star Wars heart-throb chatted to staff at the museum, and enjoyed flights in a Fairchild Cornell PT19 and a P-51 Mustang.
Mr McGregor has recently been filming a movie about the life of aviator Amelia Earhart, which also stars Hilary Swank and Richard Gere. Amelia is due for release later this year.
The actor said: "Filming Amelia stoked my interest in historic planes and early flight. Last week, I flew in some of the most incredible machines from the Second World War which was a rare privilege."
You may also want to watch:
Visitors to the museum this coming weekend will get the chance to see another of the stars of Amelia - a Lockheed Electra aircraft named Hazy Lily, which was used during filming.
The plane will take to the air as part of the Flying Legends Show, which takes place on July 11 and 12.
- 1 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 7 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 8 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 9 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife